Coming back to iOS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Squirreladd, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Squirreladd macrumors member

Squirreladd

I gave iOS a try this spring I spent a month using it before I switched to a nexus 5 for reasons found here. I am returning due to really liking the look of the 7 in jet black. I also want to take advantage of bestbuys black Friday offer. As of now I don't know how long my time into iOS will be this time. I may even upgrade to the 8.

Just looking forward to this experience. While iOS 10 hasn't fixed my major gripes with iOS it's usable (I really can't stand the notifications.) As of now the ecosystems are a matter of preference. I find all of my commonly used apps on both systems. For most part I am buying hardware.

Can I get some help I am 6'2" pretty large guy (not bragging). What are the benefits of me paying extra for the plus. I don't even know how to use my camera if that gives you an idea of how often I use it. I do use a nexus 5x (5.2" screen.) So I could go either way on screen size smaller or larger. I really want to know, how is the screen resolution 7+ vs the 7. And is the battery life on the 7 doable. My 5x drains quickly with heavy usage so five hours heavy usage is comparable to what I have.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/

3. Squirreladd thread starter macrumors member

Squirreladd

I'm sorry I am looking for real life experiences not an apple tech page. But thanks for the info. I did look it up and it looks like the Plus has a ridiculous longer battery life.

4. Armen, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016

Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm 6'1". I balance the phone(Jet Black 7+) in my palm in order to use it 1 handed as I do not have basketball player hands. I get 10-12 hours of battery life with moderate usage. I don't wear skinny jeans so the phone fits comfortably in my front pocket. Anything else you want to know?

5. Squirreladd thread starter macrumors member

Squirreladd

Oh thanks for the info. Really helpful.

6. Danjrel macrumors regular

Google it. You tube it

It's just give and take with anything in life

Apple sucks your money
    Google feels cheaper as u will

In the end it's up to you

7. wchigo macrumors 6502

wchigo

I'm 5'9" so I guess I would be considered fairly average size, but aside from maybe a couple months spent using the 6 I've been using the Plus variant of the iPhones (6, 6S and now 7).

I love the larger screen size when it comes to things like messaging apps and emails. Prior to the Plus being released, I practically never browsed the web or played games on my phone, simply because the screen was too small; I would always use my computer (or later iPad) instead. I now do a ton of browsing on my phone (arguably more than on my MacBook or iPad) and do game occasionally too.

The screen resolution is definitely noticeable. I'm usually not a huge stickler for these kinds of things (I'm still fine with my 1080 monitor and don't feel the need to go to 1440) but I will say I noticed a difference in crispness when I looked at my girlfriend's old iPhone 6 compared to my Plus.

As for battery life, I can't say from personal experience but anecdotally I have heard battery life on the 6S and 7 aren't all that great. Aside from the bigger display, the rest of the extra space on the Plus phones are basically just filled with battery, so you're going to get a lot better battery life no question. Gaming chews up the battery and I might end up getting like 5-6 hours but if I just use it for browsing, Twitter, emails, messaging, etc. I was getting 10-12 hours on my 6S Plus (haven't had the chance to put my new 7 Plus through its paces yet),

8. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It is your choice. YOU got to make it.

9. silverblack, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2016

silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I am 6' tall, and the 7 plus fits perfectly in my hand. I tried the regular 7 for a few days, the screen felt small especially when I am browsing the internet. There are still too many webpages that needed to be viewed in desktop mode. The 7 plus in landscape is perfect for this. As others already point out, the battery life is noticeably better for the plus. I have no problem fitting the plus in any of my pants pockets. I do prefer to take the phone out when sitting down, and it does not make any difference whether it was a 7 Plus, 7, SE or my wallet. They are all uncomfortable in my pockets when I sit down.