Complete Led Zeppelin... gone?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by mward333, Dec 5, 2007.

1. mward333 macrumors 6502a

mward333

On the US iTunes store, I noticed that the Complete Led Zeppelin was not available last week, and it is totally gone today. Strange!

Will Apple offer it again, or was it only for a very limited time?

2. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

Must be a bug or something I can see it perfectly on my iTunes store

3. mward333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mward333

This might only be a problem with the USA iTunes Store. The error I received last week was something like "This item is not available at the moment in the US iTunes Store". This week, as I said, it's gone. Strange!!

Maybe anti-microsoft can see it by looking at the UK store, not the USA store.

4. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

I've checked both and they work fine and have got all the contents

5. mward333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mward333

Wow, that's really weird. I don't know what's happening....

Can anyone else in the USA see the Complete Led Zeppelin package on iTunes? I can see the individual albums available for sale, but not the "Complete" collection anymore.

6. applemacman macrumors member

applemacman

on their music page it doesn't show up for me...or when I search for it

I guess it was on the main page and for a limited time

7. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I'm afraid the Complete Led Zeppelin was taken off the iTunes store due to encoding problems.

I purchased it on the day or release and the next day I had listened to several of the albums. There were lots of pops where the songs ended and some of the albums didn't playback in gapless as they should have. The live albums played back in gapless but Led Zeppelin 1 and 2 didn't. I reported the error to iTunes and they let me download them all again and the same problems existed. Finally they refunded my money and told me they were submitting it for investigation. Hopefully when it comes back online they have the problems fixed.

8. mward333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mward333

I appreciate your insight! That sounds like a reasonable explanation. Let's hope that it appears on the iTunes Store again soon. I own all of the Zeppelin recordings already, but it was a nice way for people to obtain their material if they didn't own it already (an inexpensive way, too!).

Thank you for your detailed and helpful post. I really appreciate that.

9. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

There going back on tour! I guess it wouldn't be there complete works then would it? ;) :D

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Are you dazed and confused? :p

They are = they're (They're going back on tour)

Their - their complete works

There- Over there

/pendantic

11. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I already own the box set that was released back in the 90s. All the studio recordings in a nice box. Every CD was in it's own case with complete artwork and notes about the album and band. Since I had bought the Complete Led Zeppelin in November when it was released and was disappointed in it's quality as I mentioned above, I decided to rip my Zeppelin box set into iTunes. The sound quality is exactly the same. There is no difference in the sound in the Complete Studio Recordings box set then there is in the Complete Led Zeppelin released in November. On the first two Zeppelin albums, there is still allot of hissing in the background on some of the quiet moments and it's entirely too noticeable especially for being remastered. I guess they can't get rid of that much.

I wonder if they just simply took the extra recordings that they already had and just stuck them in and gave this new release a new name and put it out for sale.

On my CDs that I ripped, I noticed that there were NO louds pops at the end of each track like there were in iTunes CDs. All the tracks that were supposed to play back in gapless did. Why they couldn't play back on the iTunes purchased copies, I have no clue.

I bought this on iTunes just purely to be complete, I wanted the extras from the Song Remains the Same and the BBC Sessions as well as the How the West Was Won concert. I had the Movie the Song Remains the Same from back in the 80s but of course it was missing the songs that are now included in this release. I also have no idea why they included the Mothership CDs in the Complete Led Zeppelin since all these songs are already included. Oh yeah, to be complete.

I was also browsing the Just For You section of iTunes last night and suddenly, there was the Complete Led Zeppelin offered to me for $99. It's still not available in searching for it but it did pop up in Just For You.

For those who don't have all the Zeppelin albums, it's worth it, $99 is pretty cheap for what you get.

12. mward333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mward333

I did the same thing as you in the 1990's: I bought the 10-disc complete box set. I also bought the BBC Sessions, Song Remains the Same, and How the West Was Won when they were each released.

This fall, I'm asking Santa for the re-issue of Song Remains the Same, since it has 6 new tracks, as I recall. So my collection is complete anyway, and I didn't need to buy the iTunes collection..... I was just curious about its disappearance.

Thank you again for your details comments! Those were super-helpful! I have been keeping track of complete iTunes sets:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=255094

so I was curious why the Zeppelin one disappeared.

I did not buy the U2 or Stevie Wonder sets, but I did buy Dylan. I have most of the U2 stuff already.

I thought about buying the Depeche Mode recordings, since I only have a couple of their discs, and I like what I have.

13. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I have the Complete U2, Complete Dylan, Complete Depeche Mode. I haven't even listened to 5% of all those songs yet!

14. mward333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mward333

Do you know about any complete iTunes collections that I missed? It seems that you are quite a collector!!!

15. hexonxonx macrumors 601

No, I don't know about any others. I only found out about the Depeche Mode one just by accident. I had been looking through the Depeche Mode albums for a few weeks and missed the Complete recordings everytime.

I also just learned about the Stevie Wonder one. I probably will pass on that one, I liked allot of his stuff but some of it I wasn't interested in.

16. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

No problems seeing it on the USA store for me.

Attached Files:

17. mward333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mward333

I see it again too, for the first time in several days!!!

Maybe they worked-out some of the problems discussed above with the recordings.

18. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

You win... That's what you get for posting before that first cup of coffee!

19. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Yes, it's back as of today. Early this morning it wasn't listed yet.