Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following rumors that Apple is prepping a "Deep Blue" or "Dark Blue" color option to replace the Space Gray color for the upcoming iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, designer Martin Hajek has created some renderings imagining what such handsets might look like.

27021489663_ba326b37ee_b.jpg

Hajek's renderings reflect myriad rumors pointing towards only minor changes for the 2016 iPhone. When it comes to size and thickness, the iPhone 7 is expected to be almost identical to the iPhone 6s, with some minor antenna band changes.

27021489983_0d1e28ff8c_b.jpg

Apple is likely to remove the headphone jack in the iPhone 7, but whether or not the space will be filled with a second speaker is contested. Some rumors suggest dual speakers for stereo audio, but others say the iPhone 7 will continue to sport a single speaker.

27557427601_89f309f48b_b.jpg

Another design change rumored for the iPhone 7 includes repositioned antenna bands, with the removal of the bands that span across the back of the device. Inside, the iPhone 7 is expected to have an A10 processor and 2GB RAM.

27021490093_0777fc173c_b.jpg

Hajek's iPhone 7 Plus rendering shows the inclusion of a much-rumored dual-lens camera with a protruding, pill-shaped enclosure, as opposed to two separate circular camera openings depicted in some other online renderings.

27531261362_7f6009cd3b_b.jpg

Apple's iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are expected to launch in September this year.

MacRumors also recently featured some impressive renderings by Hajek of what a next-generation MacBook Pro might look like, complete with rumored OLED touch panel replacing the top row of function keys on the keyboard.

Make sure to check out Hajek's website for the full selection of iPhone 7 concept images.

Article Link: Concept Imagines What a 'Deep Blue' or 'Dark Blue' iPhone 7 Could Look Like

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010
I might actually like it... don't know if I'd pick the blue over black when it came time to pay, but we'll see.

Reactions: Avieshek

XMZ-250

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2014
Home
I prefer the space black color from the Watch.

EDIT:
For some reason I'm starting to like this color option too.
How about Apple should make this...

Front: White
Back: Silver/Gold/Rose Gold

Front: Black
Back: Space Grey/Deep Blue/Space Black

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.