Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk.visions

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2019
Hey guys,
I need help with my configuration for my new MacBook Pro 15”. I will mainly use it for picture editing (photoshop,...), school stuff,... so NO video editing.
555x or 560x
16GB or 32GB Ram

Stephen.R

Suspended
Nov 2, 2018
Thailand
I agree with @ruslan120. I’d also not go crazy on internal storage - above 512GB the performance increase is negligible and the prices are quite high compared to externals. For photo editing even a 2.5” SSD in a USB SATA case is likely to be fast enough (of course an nvme based TB3 drive will be much faster, but it’ll cost more too)

marcotob

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2019
I kinda have the same question. I purchased the 2018 13" MBP, 8GB RAM about two months ago, I still haven't loaded Photoshop on it as I am not sure if it's going to be fast enough, when I am browsing through my RAW files each picture takes about 4-5 seconds to load. I am not a pro photographer but I have limited time to edit pictures (mostly of my daughters) so I am trying to decide whether I should get the new 16" For now I am still using my old HP to edit photos as I have photoshop on that one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.