Confirmed Macbook Pro Update Within Next 21 Days!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Apocalypta, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apocalypta macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2010
    #1
    I just called a whole bunch of Best Buy stores in Florida and in California (I thought they were far apart enough to rely on factors other than location to confirm everyone's assumptions), and they all told me that they do not have any 17" MBP models in stock, and that the most 15" MBP any store (of the ones I called) had on hand was 5. They were told by their supplier that they won't get new MBPs until around 21 days max, which leads me to believe that they will be getting new models within 21 days, as their current stock is practically depleted. In Apple language, this means an updated MBP is about to hit stores. Just thought I would share this piece of information; nothing new, but it confirms that Best Buy's deletion of the 13" and 15" models is not a glitch (as some joked), but, I think, a great indicator of what is to come within the next 21 days.
     
  2. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2005
    #2
    I hope they update more than just the MBPs. But you take what you get, I guess.
     
  3. MaxxTraxx macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2008
  4. dlm1113 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2010
    #4
    That means maybe we will get a new MBP by March 1st??? I sure hope so. It would be nice if they slide the price down a little too, but that may be asking too much.:p
     
  5. wotanub macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    #6
    The only thing that will make me believe that is Steve Jobs making a video of himself saying that.
     
  6. nateharr macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2009
    #7
    Why do I get the feeling I know you? :)
     
  7. dwsolberg macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2003
    #8
    Apple is still showing 24-hour ship times for all notebook computers. Often these times increase before an update. We know there will be updates (likely in the next month or two), but I don't think it's time to hold my breath.
     
  8. TOMDAVIES920 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2010
    #9
    im thinking anywhere from the 18th to the 26th of february if the buyers guide is too go by if you consider there are 9 days left on the macbook airs average life span and the last time apple released a macbook pro in february it was the 26th. However this probably isnt accurate i can see apple making us wait into march so that it ties in possibly with the launch of the ipad maybe???

    i don't really have a clue all we can say is sit on your cash until it comes out, today was a bit of a let down but the macbook pro will eventually be released apple has a few products reaching the end of their product cycle.
     
  9. Pak^Man macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2008
    Location:
    Columbus, OH
    #10
    Great critical analysis!
     
  10. Habitus macrumors 6502a

    Habitus

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2009
    Location:
    Where ever my life takes me...
    #11
    This is still speculation, friend.

    Unless.... You're the iProphet!!! Tell us more, please!

    Habitus :apple:
     
  11. maddan macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2008
    #12
    I think A's claims are rather interesting... does corroborate update speculations... can't wait until the end of February!
     
  12. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #13
    This is a sign of an update but the timeframe is inaccurate. We all know that MBPs will get updated soon but nobody knows when. It could've happened today or it can happen in April
     
  13. SamTheeGeek macrumors 6502

    SamTheeGeek

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2010
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #14
    Can't Wait !

    I really hope it comes out at march .... My Birthday yay ! LoL


    but ya cant wait lol
     
  14. wordoflife macrumors 604

    wordoflife

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2009
    #15
    No. Not another one of these threads.

    Just go an buy one right now. It's not like the minor speed difference is gonna kill you.
     
  15. Eric S. macrumors 68040

    Eric S.

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2008
    Location:
    Santa Cruz Mountains, California
    #16
    If you're interested in resale value, wait. A year and half from now a Core i5/i7 MBP will have held its value well; a Core2Duo system will not be desirable.
     
  16. kainjow Moderator emeritus

    kainjow

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2000
    #17
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page