Confirmed....The Iphone4 officially lost

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by InfinitiG, Jul 16, 2010.

1. InfinitiG macrumors 6502

"Apple's attempt to draw RIM into Apple's self-made debacle is unacceptable. Apple's claims about RIM products appear to be deliberate attempts to distort the public's understanding of an antenna design issue and to deflect attention from Apple's difficult situation. RIM is a global leader in antenna design and has been successfully designing industry-leading wireless data products with efficient and effective radio performance for over 20 years. During that time, RIM has avoided designs like the one Apple used in the iPhone 4 and instead has used innovative designs which reduce the risk for dropped calls, especially in areas of lower coverage. One thing is for certain, RIM's customers don't need to use a case for their BlackBerry smartphone to maintain proper connectivity. Apple clearly made certain design decisions and it should take responsibility for these decisions rather than trying to draw RIM and others into a situation that relates specifically to Apple."

- Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie

2. draz macrumors 6502a

3. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

I was kind of disappointed that Nokia didn't slap Apple back into it's place. If anyone would be slighted by the "all cellphones have this problem" remark, it should be them. Nokia phones are renowned for pulling a signal out of nothing where no other phone works and being bulletproof about it. Hell, I have a cheap Nokia Go Phone sitting here that's never once dropped a call while the 3G and 3GS couldn't hold one more than a couple of minutes.

No, not all Nokia phones. (just clarifying for the b****es flooding the site)

SonyEricsson used to do an excellent job with antennas, also, but I haven't tried one in quite a few years and don't know if that's true anymore.

4. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Wow! It's confirmed AND official the iPhone 4 has lost the smartphone battle!?

:rolleyes:

5. Branskins macrumors 65816

Blah blah blah!

ALMOST EDIT: I didn't know who these people were, but at first I thought they were some analysts and was about to post how it seems like they are reading from a script from RIM itself. Turns out that they ARE RIM :D

6. ultravioletfly macrumors regular

Bye-bye, Rim. Nice knowing ya. The lipstick on a pig approach with 6.0 is not going to cut it. RIMM investors agree. RIMM is down about 66% from their all time high, with no bottom in sight. Should have bid higher for Palm for any chance of survival.

7. draz macrumors 6502a

Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie are the top guys at RIM ;)

8. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

Lost what? Sight of the competition in their rearview?

9. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

I came here thinking you lost your iPhone 4 :p.

10. Sinfire macrumors regular

Apple is just showing that the signal loss issue is something that happens to all phones. Whether it is a Rim BB or a windows mobile phone or an Android. Would it have been better if they just picked one other vendor ? To be fair they showed that it is a common problem across all smartphones.

I don't have a problem with my iPhone, and therefore, I don't see it as being a design flaw. What I do see is a possibility that one of the factories was not building phones properly which have led to a few defective phones.

11. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

12. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

13. hipvamore macrumors regular

cool man. so cool you just made my day. did i mention that your post is cool?

14. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Syke! Although I'd say the same things if I were them. Apple brought many things that were not mainstream or well noticed to the public eye/light. Manufacturers who have phones like this won't be happy obviously.

BTW, I am not condoning Job's excuses today.

15. zerostar macrumors regular

Any stab they can take....

Apple has sensationalized front-page reception issues with their newest iPhone, and yet they are still selling the sh|t out of it... LOL

16. JoeC2k6 macrumors member

its confirmed.....

17. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

3 million sold in 3 weeks

numbers dont lie

APlle cant keep them on the shelf

18. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

1.5 million fools and 1.5 Drones.

Also OP where is source?

19. ethan028 macrumors 6502a

ethan028

And your a failure of a troll too.

ITS AUTOMATICALLY CONFIRMED WHEN YOU MAKE THE TITLE CONFRIMED /sarcasm.

20. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

Jim Balisillie's just pissed that he still can't buy an NHL team.
    Don't take it personally, Apple. ;)

21. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

:D I love the irony of this post.

22. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

I've just confirmed that the mis-use of the word confirmed has lead to the entire downfall of the word confirmed on this forum. Confirmed, by the way.

23. applelies2much macrumors newbie

I don't care how much you like Apple, that's a huge burn. Apple tries to bring the entire industry down to it's low level and get's owned by RIM.