General Conflict between LockInfo 5 & BiteSMS Quick Reply

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kmichalec, Feb 27, 2013.

1. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Is anyone else using both of these tool experiencing this? Have LI5 (latest beta) and BiteSMS (latest beta) installed on 6.1.1 iPhone 5. If the phone is locked and screen off, and I get a text message, the BiteSMS QuickReply box comes up as I have it set to do. If I reply to the message, and send, and then immediately try to unlock the phone without letting the screen shut back off, after I type the last digit of the 4 digit passcode, it just freezes the phone (doesn't finish unlocking the phone, but can't cancel the passcode unlock screen). The only way to get out of this is to hit the sleep button to turn the screen off, and then wake the phone back up, and then log in, and it works from that point forward.

A couple points:
    1. If the phone is in a state where the passcode had been previously entered, and therefore isn't within the time window where it needs to be re-entered on the lock screen, it goes into the phone fine.
    2. If I hit the sleep button to shut the screen off before trying to unlock the phone, then it works fine.
    3. When I did a test where I uninstalled LI5 and installed IntelliscreenX, I didn't experience the issue either.

I'm not saying that it's LI5's issue or Bite's issue. However, there definitely is an issue between the two. It seemed that it was fixed for a while in some of the earlier betas, but seems to be back again.

Anyone else noticed this or figured out a work around (other than not using a passcode)?

2. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

Yep I have the same problem on my phone. Iphone 5 6.1.2, latest betas of LI5 and biteSMS as of this post.

Maybe something like AndroidlockXT won't have this problem? Just a guess.

----------

From bitesms FAQ:

"Tweaks that have compatibility issues with biteSMS or cause crashes!
    biteSMS would love to work hand in hand with all tweaks, but with regular up-dates to most apps, it's almost impossible to keep up.
    Here's a list of apps with known compatibility issues.
    iBlackList, autoProtect, Alert Artist, AnyRing, Badgeclear, Black Keyboard, BrowserChanger, Bulletin, CallTell, CleanStatus, Copic, FakeOperator, iconoclasm, Infiniboard, iTracker, ipsum, ICaughtU, LockInfo, Move2Unlock, PushTone, SBRotator 5, Unlockize, Sendany, Spire, Springtomize, StatusTweak.
    Simply uninstall if you have one of these apps and see first if it solves your issue."

So there seems to be known issues with LockInfo and biteSMS

3. xxxhackaxxx macrumors regular

I sort of understand your problem, I dont have a passcode so I cant say for sure. But I was having an issue with my unlock not working correctly once I finish replying to a text fromt he lockscreen. The issue seemed to be with the Tap to Launch setting being turned on. That fixed my problem, maybe give it a try..

4. kmichalec thread starter macrumors 6502a

So you turned off Tap To Launch in Lockinfo, and it seemed to stop? I'll give that a try. The only thing is that it would suck to lose the ability to Tap To Launch all the other apps from notifications. Will report back! Thanks!

----------

I hadn't seen that note in the FAQ before. Interesting. That would explain why it's fine with IntelliscreenX, but not with LI5.

5. xxxhackaxxx macrumors regular

Yea let me know! You will still be able to slide across them to view them, but not tap. Small price to pay for compatability.