Connect the dots...we are being played

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
First there is the disappointing news that the battery in the Iphone 6 might be only 1820 mAh. Then we have a rash of Samsung ads, callng iphone users, "wall huggers". Apple responds with a clandestine leak, from "supply channels", in China, stating that the battery will be around 2100mAh. A significant increase.

Earlier, we heard disparaging remarks about the bezel size being huge, then suddenly we get a video of the front plate of the iphone 6, showing almost no side bezel and significantly smaller head and chin bezels compared to the Iphone 5S.

Hey, I like leaks, the same as everyone else. I guess Apple will still keep the same game plan. It's worked in the past to gin up excitement for the launch.

Daniel L

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2009
First there is the disappointing news that the battery in the Iphone 6 might be only 1820 mAh. Then we have a rash of Samsung ads, callng iphone users, "wall huggers". Apple responds with a clandestine leak, from "supply channels", in China, stating that the battery will be around 2100mAh. A significant increase.

Earlier, we heard disparaging remarks about the bezel size being huge, then suddenly we get a video of the front plate of the iphone 6, showing almost no side bezel and significantly smaller head and chin bezels compared to the Iphone 5S.

Hey, I like leaks, the same as everyone else. I guess Apple will still keep the same game plan. It's worked in the past to gin up excitement for the launch.
What video are you talking about?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

You need to relax as the 6 is still a good way down the road.

uwdude

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2014
It's already been a couple days since the last rumor! I need a new one about Touch ID or something, quick, I'm jonesing!

lambo

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008
FL

Hmm I think you're right. I'm dumb and haven't noticed this at all. Nice catch.

Dave245

macrumors 604
Sep 15, 2013
This is nothing new, Apple have been known to leak things in the past. Steve Jobs himself once said "isn't it funny a ship that leaks from the top"

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Personally I could care less about the leaks.

Sept 9th is all I care about.
Bingo (minus the being able to care less part). Why pay attention to and more importantly try to analyze or figure out the leaks (beyond perhaps some sort of entertainment purposes, if those might even apply somehow) when reality is what really matters and will be revealed when Apple reveals it themselves.

Last edited:

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
In reference to the battery I see that Apple measures by efficiency and synergy of both software & hardware combined not by the mAh like Android device makers do. I mean what good would a 3000mAh do if the OS and display drain all battery juic inefficiently.

Apple devices have lower mAh batteries but their efficiency make up for the difference.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Connect the dots...we are being played

Oh that who knows. I'm sure the PR guys are smart enough to play such strategies it has been done before and again in other fields to use deception, or make peoples perceptions of something be altered (politicians, military leaders, cultural-movement leaders), and why not PR executives :D

Last edited:

Daniel3102

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2014
I wonder if Apple puts out leaks? just to see how the public would react to a 4.7 and 5.5 inch iphone?? Lol

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Whoever thought up the "iPhone left in the bar" scenario is in the Leakers Hall Of Fame!!

Hey Apple: We know you're leaking the stuff. We like the game. Keep them coming !!

pure-rockstar

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2014
They never leaked the iPhone and most certainly didn't leak the iPhone 5c as people had gotten the wrong impression about that phone which Tim Cook actualit had to explain during that teleconference thingy,

Narien

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2011
In reference to the battery I see that Apple measures by efficiency and synergy of both software & hardware combined not by the mAh like Android device makers do. I mean what good would a 3000mAh do if the OS and display drain all battery juic inefficiently.

Apple devices have lower mAh batteries but their efficiency make up for the difference.
(i'm not one of the ppl who want thicker phones with more battery, but I just had to respond)

While iOS may be more battery efficient then other OS's, a bigger battery is a bigger battery. So stuff as much battery inside the damn phone without compromizing on other things (like weight and thickness).

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013

Why does mine die with half a day of heavy cellular data use then?
Your rationale has holes in it. If Apple's 'efficiency' was coupled with a bigger battery, then that would be good no?

I7guy

macrumors Core
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Why does mine die with half a day of heavy cellular data use then?
Your rationale has holes in it. If Apple's 'efficiency' was coupled with a bigger battery, then that would be good no?
Associate with an s5 must recharge before the end of the day. If bigger batteries are better then said friend would not have to carry a charger around.

Heavy cellular use does not deplete my 5s battery and it would last at least 36 hours on normal usage.

Last edited: