Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Runt888

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
İ dont have optical out but rca (red-white) outs which is better i think cause i dont like the digitalized sound that is coming from optical. Yes i am all analog guy. :)

If you're OK with stereo, why not just keep the receiver with HDMI and greatly simplify things? I can't imagine it sounds too horrible.

bturgan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Istanbul
The nice thing about home theater equipment is that you usually have many options to choose from. All the suggestions in this thread are great. :)
Yes actually they are, i did not know till now that i have so many options :D ty again

bturgan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Istanbul
If you're OK with stereo, why not just keep the receiver with HDMI and greatly simplify things? I can't imagine it sounds too horrible.
Actually the bass is really great at jvc and much cleaner sound. Yamaha is good for movies but not for music as i see at this receiver. i prefer marantz or denon for music. Maybe one day :)

seadragon

Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
Actually the bass is really great at jvc and much cleaner sound. Yamaha is good for movies but not for music as i see at this receiver. i prefer marantz or denon for music. Maybe one day :)

Is your JVC a surround receiver? Do you have a surround sound setup or just 2 channel stereo?

bturgan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Istanbul
for sure i will visit macrumors much more in future :D

This is really great! I appreciated.

bturgan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Istanbul
Is your JVC a surround receiver? Do you have a surround sound setup or just 2 channel stereo?
Actually its 5.1 receiver and its 100watts per channel which is really good. i am using them with my old polk audios which are built in usa. Those are the last one thats been built in usa. Now they are being build in china i guess. i like more natural sounds and i am using this receiver with 2 bookshelf speakers.

seadragon

Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
Ahh... well if you're just doing 2 channel stereo, then the suggestion to use the TV audio out to the JVC is probably the best (and cheapest) option. If you were doing surround sound, you could try the Yamaha --> JVC combo to get the best setup for surround and sound quality. You can still do this even for just 2 channel, but that would mean keeping the Yamaha which might not be worth it to you.

bturgan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Istanbul
Ahh... well if you're just doing 2 channel stereo, then the suggestion to use the TV audio out to the JVC is probably the best (and cheapest) option. If you were doing surround sound, you could trythe Yamaha - JVC combo to get the best setup for surround and sound quality. You can still do this even for just 2 channel, but that would mean keeping the Yamaha which might not be worth it to you.
Yamaha will earn me some money :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.