connecting two users to apple TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by chip83, Jul 12, 2017.

1. chip83 macrumors newbie

chip83

we have one computer with two user accounts (myself and my wife) and want both to link to our fourth generation apple tv. Both are logged into the same apple ID account, and I can see the other user on my computer in iTunes. However, the apple TV only recognizes my account, and not my wife's. Any solutions would be appreciated.

2. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

So you're saying it sees your iTunes stuff but not hers?

3. chip83 thread starter macrumors newbie

chip83

4. BeefCake 15 macrumors 65816

BeefCake 15

TvOS is behind the curve on stuff like this, it doesn't even recognize family shared Apps well either. hopefully the update improves this.

5. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Are you using Family Sharing? If so, you can see her purchases but you have to going into the family share section and switch to her. If not, then you have to go into Accounts and simply switch between Accounts. Easy to do because you do not need to enter the password when switching. My kids and I share this way. But my Wife and I are on the Family Plan but still buy everything thru 1 iTunes Account.

6. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

I think it only recognizes one iTunes library per computer, which is frustrating.

I "solved" this by putting sharing one iTunes library for all users, which means everyone saw everyone else's playlists and purchases.

Hoping there's a better solution.