Consensus on 10.7.2?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ZipZap, Oct 13, 2011.

1. ZipZap macrumors 601

As with Mac OS releases these days I am leary about installing anything then suffering through OSX hell.

I see a lot of threads with complaints about 10.7.2

Is it ready for prime time?

2. dumb macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

This is much better than the GM, and imo 10.7.2 should've been the 10.7.0 release. The new improvements to mission control is welcome. I hope 10.7.3 polishes things further.

I will give a few more days before I decide if I want to switch back or not.

3. Scarrus macrumors regular

For me Safari and general Ram usage has dropped and also my MBP's battery holds like in SL now. Also the graphics driver seems to have been upgraded, animations are a tad smoother, especially on the integrated Intel HD card.

4. seattlecard macrumors member

Seems to be a good update, but I've not used it a ton yet. Battery life does indeed seem to be fixed (thankfully!) on my MBP.

5. adztaylor macrumors 68000

All well and good here. Great to have iCloud available.

6. sulfhydryl macrumors newbie

Since updating my 2011 MacBook Pro to 10.7.2, the dreadful plotting fitting software (Kaleidagraph) we use at work crashes every time you choose "Open" or "Save" from the menu. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I got iCloud and MEGA-sized launchpad icons, but can't work. It's like getting Windows Vista a couple of years after every sane person left it for dead :eek: That sums up 10.7.2 for me so far...

7. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

8. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

Seems like my mini is running cooler with .2 and i also updated flash to its latest as after i updated to .2 it was running hot weather a web browser was running or not not its running better now thou.

9. Statelymwhite macrumors regular

It's still slower than SL in entering and leaving sleep mode.

10. akdj, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

I'm enjoying the update. Seems to be the most "inclusive" so far when it comes to eliminating annoying bugs. All of my laptops (2-2011 Airs, 2011 17" MBP, '09 MB, and 2010 Air) are seeing the WiFi immediately on wake up from sleep or reboot. All seem to be running a few degrees cooler according to iStat...much, MUCH improved "App Store" performance, significantly reducing Beach Balls and sluggishness. I'm with whoever mentioned better graphic performance as far as animations are concerned.

Especially noticeable on the older MacBook that my son is using. 10.7 and 10.7.1 beat up this laptop pretty good (it's only got 2gigs of RAM), but the .2 updated yesterday has brought back a bit of snappiness. The core i5s and i7s are getting better battery life as well. I was able to get just over 6 hours on my 11" i7 Air last night, half brightness, and surfing...as well as creating invoices and receipts.

More testing to do...but all in all, this is a fairly quick update to a really Awesome OS update (Lion), in my very humble opinion...just can't get over how much I love "Gesture" computing!

Jer

11. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

I haven't updated yet, but sounds good so far.

12. ZipZap thread starter macrumors 601

Topping as I am seeing a boat load of complaint threads....

13. nicoisconfusion macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if it fixed the LDAP authentication bug where you could log in with any password for an ldap account using a kerbros ticket

14. moonchilddave macrumors regular

Much improved performance on my Early 2008 MacBook (with 6G RAM) - at least after playing with it for just a day. Graphics and animations seem to be snappier and I haven't really hit any beach balls as of yet. I still notice that the problem with being able to unlock system pref panes is an issue. I was waiting for this update before I made the decision to go back to SL. So far, it seems like things are improved all around for me - so I've decided that for now Lion will stay. That could change in a week or two as I get more use out of it, but for now, I'm pleased with the update.

I will note though that I have no plans to use iCloud, so I have done nothing with that.

15. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Updated, but unsure what I should be looking out for. At first glance, system and programs seem to run a tad smoother though.

16. Blue Sun macrumors 6502a

Excellent, I've been hoping they'd fix the intel graphics drivers for the mid-2010 MBP's for a while now.

Are Mission Control animations smooth even when there are a few windows on the screen?

17. Scarrus macrumors regular

Well, they aren't perfectly smooth but they run flawlessly as opposed to before when say after hitting mission control there was no animation at all or something like 2-3 FPS

18. kastorff, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

kastorff macrumors regular

kastorff

On my 2011 MacBook Pro, upon reboot after the upgrade, Bluetooth was pretty messed up. I have 5 devices paired, and typically use 3 when I'm in desktop mode (Apple Trackpad, Apple Keyboard, Apple Magic Mouse). All indicated they were connected. The Magic Mouse was unresponsive, the trackpad would only move the cursor in a horizontal straight line in a jerky motion, and the keyboard was flaky (slow, untyped characters showing in output). The console log was full of bluetooth error messages.

I turned Bluetooth off, and back on, and power cycled each of the Bluetooth devices. No change.

I decided to remove everything from the Bluetooth preference pane, and got a kernel panic when i tried to remove the last device, the trackpad.

Booted from the Diskwarrior DVD and ran a check on all drives. Disconnected the machine from the "docked" state and booted it by itself. Everything worked fine without any Bluetooth devices connected. Removed the trackpad configuration. Turned Bluetooth off.

I reset PRAM and SMC, turned Bluetooth back on, and successfully paired my Jambox Jawbone and Jambox ERA. They work fine; even better than with 10.7.1. I've yet to re-pair the Apple devices, but it would seem at this point it might have been a temporary state, or something in the configuration that didn't match well with a bug fix. I'll know more when I muster up the courage to try the system "docked" again. ;)

Other than that, everything is working well.

Update: Re-pairing the remaining Bluetooth devices worked without issue. Everything's working fine now.

19. MrDelux macrumors newbie

I have had problems ever since I updated.

My Mail, Safari, and Outlook all crash upon launch. Also I noticed when logging into iCloud it hangs and hangs and causes all my other applications to crash.

I have done a clean install and I'm still having this issue.

20. blacktape242 macrumors 65816

blacktape242

Its better, but safari and mail still are not there. I still get stalls quite a bit.
    ram usage and temp have dropped which is great. I think there are still some bugs to work out. overall its better i guess....

21. enrico.s macrumors newbie

Yes, Kaleidagraph crashes under 10.7.2

I just registered to confirm this specific bug: after updating to 10.7.2 any Open, Save as..., Page setup, Print..., Export operation would make Kaleidagraph (v.4.1.2) crash (maybe issues with system dialog boxes?).
    Tested on MBA 2011, with two different users (admin and simple user), with no other apps running.

I had to downgrade to 10.7.1 (restoring a cloned backup). Reported the bug to Synergy and Apple. I hope they fix the bug soon (or I have to find a replacement for Kaleidagraph).

22. walterwhite macrumors 6502

walterwhite

10.7.2 has worked fantastic on all machines of mine so far... way better than any previous iteration.

23. ctbear macrumors 6502a

Works good so far, but they still haven't fixed the missing album arts under Finder.

24. Madd the Sane macrumors 6502

Madd the Sane

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Works fine for me. It was sluggish a bit after the initial reboot, but haven't had any major issues since.

25. donw35 macrumors regular

donw35

No problems

Installed on late 2008 MBPS and MB, both run great with no issues. Runs fine on my PC too.