Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SgtBullmoose

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2012
Subscribe to iTunes Match? That'll take care of that 36GB music collection of yours.

This. It's got some issues, but with the update to 5.1 my problems have disappeared. It's the only way my library with 24k songs was going to travel with me everywhere to use with my bluetooth speaker anyway. I listen to a gig or two and then delet the music and start again.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
Started with the 32, but replaced later on with 64. Same issue as OP. Space is definitely worth it.

gatearray

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Subscribe to iTunes Match? That'll take care of that 36GB music collection of yours.

You win! :) I can't believe this wasn't mentioned sooner.

If the extra gigs are needed only to store your entire music collection on the iPad, then iTunes Match is an awesome solution for $25 a year. I have about 20,000 songs equaling 100gb just a tap away on my new iPad and it's a revelation. It feels liberating and so futuristic, highly recommended!

Side benefit, all your jams are available on Apple TV and any other iOS devices you might have around.

azure247

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
You win! :) I can't believe this wasn't mentioned sooner.

If the extra gigs are needed only to store your entire music collection on the iPad, then iTunes Match is an awesome solution for $25 a year. I have about 20,000 songs equaling 100gb just a tap away on my new iPad and it's a revelation. It feels liberating and so futuristic, highly recommended!

Side benefit, all your jams are available on Apple TV and any other iOS devices you might have around.

Then your data gets eaten up and you have to manage your usage. :s

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.