Considering exchanging my near perfect iPad.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nikos, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

I purchased a 32GB WiFi iPad and I'm considering exchanging it for a 64GB WiFi or 4G model. I have a 64GB iPhone 4S and my music library alone is 36GB, so I wasn't able to put it all on my iPad. This doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would, but I'm already running a bit low on space and it hasn't even been a week.

Anyway, the only thing holding me back is that my iPad is almost perfect. There is VERY minimal back light bleeding, no pink or yellow tinge to the screen and my battery is great. I've been using it for a few hours per night (gaming, reading, surfing etc.) and had to charge it today for the first time. It's been charging for 3.5 hours and it's already at 65%.

I realize that complaints are usually blown out of proportion and that my replacement will fall under Apple's return policy, but I'm still not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Buy space you need.
    The vast majority of iPads are just fine. You are a victim of selection bias. MacRumors is not a representative sampling of iPad owners. And happy people don't post.

3. azure247 macrumors 6502

I would certainly return it if I was unhappy with 32GB. I ordered a 64GB myself that should arrive Monday. I dont have an iphone anymore so I need the space for music, movies, pictures. 32GB is toooo easy to hit on my iphone 4s.

4. MR1324 macrumors 6502

i think you should upgrade to the 64gb because it sounds like you clearly need more space.

5. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

On Saturday, I exchanged my almost perfect 32GB for an even more perfect 64GB. Fear not.

6. BlueKhufu, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012

BlueKhufu macrumors regular

oops.. ignore me. to OP, yes, return it if you want the space. someone someday will get yours as a refurb and will be happy about it. :)

7. waynep macrumors 6502

The few unhappy ones are always the loudest. Most are busy playing with their new iPad to post! :) Get what you need . . .

8. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

I always go 64 just in case, and I usually fill it up with nonsense I never need but again....just in case...however, I never put music on my iPad, I prefer my phone for that....but with the iTunes match now, I can have all my music and listen to only what I need on my iPad.....consider that, it works well....

9. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

I'm in the same boat. I have a perfect wifi only iPad. Screen is excellent, battery life is good, and no "heat", etc but I'm itching for a 4G model.

I was hesitant at first but I think it'll be fine. It's a small percentage of owners here in MR. Fear not!

10. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I just tried downloading the 9th season of NCIS for a nice long weekend and found out it won't fit. And I have the 64GB. Sigh.

11. Identity Fraud macrumors 6502

This is why I got the 64 gig version I don't want to run out of space and then regret it later.

12. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

For situations like this, I have the Seagate Goflex Satellite (wireless).

13. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Not to rain on ur parade, but I exchanged a PERFECT wifi model for a VZW LTE model...and guess what? It has a horrible yellow tint. I'm not OCD and I have NEVER replaced any iOS device I've had since 07. But this screen is driving me crazy. I was hoping with some usage it's would brighten up, but as of yet it hasn't gotten any better. And it's not a uniform tint. It looks like a fine yellowish haze in some areas. But on the flip side its perfect in every other way. It runs totally cool, perfect back lighting, etc. but the display is the most important thing to me. So If its not showing improvement by the weekend it will be going back on Saturday. I know the vast majority are perfect so my odds are good of getting a perfect display this time around. We shall see.

14. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Seems like you have made a decision. I sort of in the same position as you were since I realized my iPad was going to be utilized much more. Even though my music is in the "cloud" via iTunes match, it will get downloaded onto the device and take up space. This will add up and you'll have less space. Also for videos and picture/camera roll; some instances upgrading to a new iOS over the phone. You have probably decided to get the 64GB but you just needed a push or a love tap. :p

15. lcseds macrumors 6502a

I had the 32 and it was perfect. Ordered a 64 to replace it and it is perfect. Go for it!

16. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

17. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Just turn on home sharing when at the house and your whole library will be on your iPad without taking up any storage.

18. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

This is something many people seem to take for granted. Chances are you'll use your iPad at home most of the time. And is it really necessary to carry around your entire movie/music collection with you every where you go? It's not like you will listen/view it all anyway.

However, I can also understand the OP and his desire to house all of his media in one place. I'm like that too. I just exchanged my perfect WiFi iPad last night for an LTE version and was worried I'd get one with defects but the new one is perfect too. I say exchange it.

19. Nikos thread starter macrumors 68000

Nikos

So I decided to exchange for the 64GB and this one has a dead pixel, some backlight leak at the bottom and a weird hue on the top right. Looks like I'll be going back tomorrow. Hopefully the next one is good because I don't want to seem like a nitpicker. :(

20. patricem, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012

patricem macrumors 6502

patricem

Keep going til you get a perfect one....you have to

21. MelodyMarch03 macrumors member

To add to that, quit worrying about what everyone says on here, you have to do what is best for you. If that means exchanging, so be it, if not, so be it. Ultimately, it is all about what will make you most happy!

22. Nikos thread starter macrumors 68000

Nikos

Yeah, I hate to be a pain but, for $760, I should have a near-perfect device. I know they're out there since my last one was good. I'm sure Apple will understand.

23. pdawg macrumors regular

This.

24. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

I swear, if the one I preordered has anything wrong with it i'm gonna shoot myself, hopefully they get some stuff ironed out in the 2-3 week processing and shipping period.

25. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

Subscribe to iTunes Match? That'll take care of that 36GB music collection of yours.