Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chinaski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
Hello, is there a way to make the size of the photo attached to each contact bigger? I would like it to take over the whole screen, right now, a small version of the picture just shows up in the top right corner with my wallpaper in the background. There should something in the setting to change this right?

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
how it acts depends on how you inputed the picture. I think if you attach the picture from your computer, it will do the small thumbnail, and if you attach it from your phone it will be the full screen.

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
Hello, is there a way to make the size of the photo attached to each contact bigger? I would like it to take over the whole screen, right now, a small version of the picture just shows up in the top right corner with my wallpaper in the background. There should something in the setting to change this right?

No, it depends where the pic came from. Big pics are ones taken and assigned on your iPhone. Little pics are sync'd over from your Address book. :)

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I can't tell you how much this annoys me. There SHOULD be a setting.

I prefer the small pictures. If I ever take a photo of a new person with my iPhone I have to remember to sync it to my computer later, copy it to address book, then re-sync the phone again.

I'd sure love to do all that right then using my phone.

(And of course someone liking the big pictures has the opposite problem when they receive a photo on their computer but have to assign it using the phone instead.)

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I can't tell you how much this annoys me. There SHOULD be a setting.

I prefer the small pictures. If I ever take a photo of a new person with my iPhone I have to remember to sync it to my computer later, copy it to address book, then re-sync the phone again.

I'd sure love to do all that right then using my phone.

(And of course someone liking the big pictures has the opposite problem when they receive a photo on their computer but have to assign it using the phone instead.)

Agreed. Apple should have included a setting for this loooong ago back in OS 1 days.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Agreed. Apple should have included a setting for this loooong ago back in OS 1 days.

You know what else is interesting? The small pictures ARE big, just shrunk down!

Go into your phone's address book (if you have a small picture) and copy the photo. Then paste it in an e-mail. It's now very large and hi-rez.

So the phone is totally waiting for Apple to turn that on...all the small icons could be made large with full-resolution in an instant! I sure hope they get around to it eventually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.