Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonmars

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Hi,

my first app has been released a few days ago on iPad, it is called ContactsXL for ipad.

link to the AppStore

As I mentionned in the title, you can manage your contacts, your groups of contacts and send emails to groups easily and quickly. You can also find a contact from any information about him : his company, mail, phone number, job title, nickname, etc..

If you download this app, please let me know what you're thinking about, thanks!

Regards

Last edited:

jonmars

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
I gave 15 promo codes in the "Code Sharing and Software Promos" forum. Please let me know what you're thinking about this app if you download it, thanks!

weenie

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
I got a copy via the promo code, thanks...

I am glad the group feature is included, it allows me to delete the "groupy" app that I have been using to create groups.

Only playing with it for a short time, it was not 100% clear that "delete" when the group contacts is viewed is deleting from the group or contact database. Could "delete" be changed to "remove from group", for example ?

Once tapped one of the 4 drop down icons at the top, tap again won't remove drop down and must tap outside of drop down. I am used to tap again to un-drop menu...

Also the spacing between the 4 icons is a little tight for my fat finger...

Other than that, I like the group and sorting features. I am planning to use it in place of the Apple Contacts app for the next few weeks and will provide more input, if needed.

Thanks again...

jonmars

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
@weenie:thanks!

"Only playing with it for a short time, it was not 100% clear that "delete" when the group contacts is viewed is deleting from the group or contact database. Could "delete" be changed to "remove from group", for example ?"

unfortunately I think I can't change this text. You're right, it means it is deleted from the group.

"Once tapped one of the 4 drop down icons at the top, tap again won't remove drop down and must tap outside of drop down. I am used to tap again to un-drop menu..."

OK, I will do it.

Thanks, I had no input before yours.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Got Promo Code

I like being able to email groups. I also like seeing pics beside each contact. This picks up where Apple's address book left off with the iPad version. Great job! :D

jonmars

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
The app has just been updated. In the next update, I will add the ability to search the "notes" field!

Regards

jonmars

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
I added the ability to search in the "notes" field

@weenie :

Once tapped one of the 4 drop down icons at the top, tap again won't remove drop down and must tap outside of drop down. I am used to tap again to un-drop menu...

you will be able to do it with the next update

I will submit a new update in a few days. Please let me know if you have any idea to improve the app, thanks

jonmars

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Hello all

I've submitted the update yesterday to Apple!

I've just given new promo codes in the "Code Sharing and Software Promos" forum

++

jonmars

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Hi

a new update has been released a few hours ago.. There will be 30 promo codes for you by 10 minutes in the "Code Sharing and Software Promos" forum!

++

weenie

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
Thanks for the update, and implemented the tap-again-to-undrop...

Just a suggestion, and I understand it might require significant work to implement...

For me personally, it would make more efficient space on the iPad if:

1. Be able to slide the split screen separating the groups and contacts. Or at least move it more to the left since most contact group names aren't probably too long. Too much screen is wasted.

2. Either... a) add a third "column" on the right side of the contacts displaying the details of the "currently selected" contact (i.e. similar to the Apple contact app. Or... b) add a separate section below the contacts displaying the same (i.e. details of currently selected contact.

It takes longer and more touches to display the details and dismiss versus a single touch to jump to different contact details.

Also, if the contact only has 1 (work) phone, and if the preference is selected to display "Name + Phone" and Main Phone is set to "Mobile", should the single phone be displayed ?

Lastly, I still feel (personally) that more spacing is needed for the 4 buttons on the top right, but others might not.

jonmars

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Hi weenie

1. Be able to slide the split screen separating the groups and contacts. Or at least move it more to the left since most contact group names aren't probably too long. Too much screen is wasted.

I can't

2. Either... a) add a third "column" on the right side of the contacts displaying the details of the "currently selected" contact (i.e. similar to the Apple contact app. Or... b) add a separate section below the contacts displaying the same (i.e. details of currently selected contact.

It takes longer and more touches to display the details and dismiss versus a single touch to jump to different contact details.

I'm ok with you! I'm looking for the best way to do it.

Also, if the contact only has 1 (work) phone, and if the preference is selected to display "Name + Phone" and Main Phone is set to "Mobile", should the single phone be displayed ?

Yes, it will with the next update

Lastly, I still feel (personally) that more spacing is needed for the 4 buttons on the top right, but others might not.

I won't change this, sorry.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

jonmars

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Hi all

I've just submitted a new update to Apple.

there is a new GUI, the results of the search function are alphabetically sorted and a lot of minor improvements have been made!

I will be updating the screenshots!

jonmars

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Hi

the ContactsPlus HD update is still pending approval from Apple. If you want to see how the GUI changed, you can download the free app.

@weenie : if you download the free version, please let me know if top buttons are OK for you now, thanks

jonmars

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Hi,

the app is back to the AppStore!

there are 50 promo codes for you in the "codes sharing and software promo" forum

@igetit : sorry, I've just seen your message

FEATURES FROM THE LITE VERSION:

-Create/Edit contacts
-Organize groups of contacts
-Send emails to groups
-Set "To","Cc", and "Bcc" labels to individual email address
-Search for contacts by name, email,phone number
-Set photo size (7 sizes available)
-Set font size (20 sizes available)
-Show photos of your contacts or not
-Set text displayed in the lists : phone number, email address

OTHER FEATURES FROM THE PREMIUM VERSION:

-Delete contacts
-Create/Rename/Delete groups of contacts
-Search for contacts by middle name, prefix, suffix, nickname,company,job title, department and notes
-Set text displayed in the lists : birthday, company, job title, middle name, prefix, suffix, nickname, department, city, state, postal code or country

jonmars

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Hi

if you have this app or if you're looking for an app like it, what does she need more, thanks

flashgordonv

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2010
Assistance required

I bought the premium edition, seems like a really nice app, BUT I cannot for the life of me see how to add people to a group. Not sure what the problem is but help required please.

jonmars

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
@flashgordonv : to add contacts to a group, you must select a group, tap on the "+" button, select the contacts to be added then tap on the "done" button

jonmars

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
The app has been updated yesterday and it is now Free for a limited time only!!!

I'm very lucky because it is #1 Productivity apps! I hope you will like it! Please let me know what do you think about this app, thanks!

link to the AppStore

See ya!

jonmars

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Hi all,

my app has just been updated. You can now manage smart groups. The new name of the app is: ContactsXL for iPad and not ContactsP anymore.

JJM006

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2011
Hey,

Can you send me a screen shot of what it looks like when I open a contact. I use my iPad for business and i'd like to upload all of my business cards and attach them to the contact. I'd like to see if the image attached to the contact will be large enough for viewing.

Thanks!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.