Continues Low Memory Warnings

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Big Dawg 23, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Big Dawg 23 macrumors regular

I have a 32GB 4th Gen iPod Touch. Over the last few weeks low memory warnings keeps coming back. I wiped the iPod to only have movies and music on it since I have an iPhone 5 and iPad Air. Currently I have about 2GBs of music, 6-30 minutes shows and a 2HR Movie. I have 12GBS of total on the iPod, Well each morning I wake to a low memory. I can hold home and power button to restart it. When it comes back up there is a 15GBs available. Next morning it starts over again. It's sits on I believe 6.1.4 the last update.

Has anyone had this happen? Any thoughts? Is it worth wiping again?

2. Luke5s, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014

Luke5s macrumors newbie

Luke5s

The iPod Touch 4G has very limited RAM storage. Try constantly to close apps. (Double tap home button and hold an app, then press the "x" button.)

Do you charge your device every night? You should try turning it off for one whole night then charge it during the day.

Hope this helps?....

:apple:

Edit: if you take it to the apple store, they will probably just do a DFU restore. Have you regularly restored it? (Using iTunes by pressing the restore button, or from within the device reset settings...)
    It may be a firmware malfunction. Try restoring via recovery mode. (Hold down the home and power buttons for ten seconds and let go of the power button when you see the apple logo)
    You should see a iTunes logo instructing you to plug into a computer. Click restore, and it should restore everything. If you still get a low memory error, go to apple.

3. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

The OP is taking about storage space not ram.

4. Luke5s macrumors newbie

Luke5s

I know that. I'm telling him some advice maybe he doesn't know.

5. Big Dawg 23 thread starter macrumors regular

No I haven't tired DFU. I have thought about going to an Apple store and get their thoughts.

6. Luke5s macrumors newbie

Luke5s

You should try it then! It might save you a trip to the apple store. It's worth a shot. If it doesn't work then something might be wrong inside your device.

Best of luck =)

-Luke

7. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

And your advice is nonsense. If an iOS device runs low on memory, it will throw apps out all by itself. There is nothing that the user could do that would help.

8. chrisl123 macrumors member

9. Luke5s macrumors newbie

Luke5s

I'm telling him some advice he should do regularly, and it isn't nonsense. Like I said, the device has low memory. It's good to do this often so he doesn't have additional problems. You should also read my edit before talking snotty.