Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
I uninstalled the CAT tool, rebooted and now I cannot see my WiFi adapter in my Mini. It says WiFi: No hardware installed. Not sure what to do yet, do you guys know?

I also have no Bluetooth any longer either.

Edit: Ran the uninstall with recovery within the tool. First time I just uninstalled. Fixed and now installing again.

Last edited:

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
WatchOS 3 beta 2 and early 2011.
Same here. WatchOS 3 Beta 2, 2011 MacMini Sierra Beta 2. I see the box to activate the feature, have it on, it says unlocking using your watch but times out and asks for my password. Getting closer.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
As the title say's Continuity activation tool works!!!

Please post if you have other Mac's that CAT works on! View attachment 635692

Known problems:
Auto unlock (is not in the beta yet)
Mail handsoff (???)

Link to the stable version:
https://github.com/dokterdok/Continuity-Activation-Tool/tree/master
link to the latest version:
https://github.com/dokterdok/Continuity-Activation-Tool/tree/beta

Latest release by @sysfloat

I know its unrelated, but did you get the terminal commands to change your Intel HD3000 to 1024? I can not seem to get it to work with terminal, only by installed pre-hacked .kext files. I would like to do the terminal hacks, in order to keep the kexts update as well. It would be nice if there was an easy to use tool like CAT, or a bonus feature of CAT!

sqvarepants

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2014
Madrid
I just update and no problems, no cat need to be reinstalled, continuity and handoff working and autounlock with Apple Watch working perfectly!

Imac 2011 with updated wifi Bluetooth card

Reactions: simon lefisch

simon lefisch

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2014
I just update and no problems, no cat need to be reinstalled, continuity and handoff working and autounlock with Apple Watch working perfectly!

That's good to hear. I just recommended it as I would randomly have probs when updating with 10.11.x. Once I started uninstalling CAT before updating, all was good for me. Hopefully others have the same luck as you

LewisChapman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2015
Sierra Beta 2 on MacBook Pro late 2011 with upgraded airport card - continuity functional with CAT but no unlock with Apple Watch for me!

vc2020

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2014

That sounds very lucky. I think every one else has to run CAT after updating and I don't think Apple Watch unlock is working for anyone else. Did you update from beta 1 or go from El Capitan straight to Beta 2?

sqvarepants

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2014
Madrid
That sounds very lucky. I think every one else has to run CAT after updating and I don't think Apple Watch unlock is working for anyone else. Did you update from beta 1 or go from El Capitan straight to Beta 2?

I update from beta 1, I had to reinstall cat on beta 1 because nothing was working (handoff, etc) but luckily everything is working fine on beta 2 after update.

vc2020

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2014
I update from beta 1, I had to reinstall cat on beta 1 because nothing was working (handoff, etc) but luckily everything is working fine on beta 2 after update.

Auto unlock doesn't stall and then ask for your password?

sqvarepants

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2014
Madrid
Auto unlock doesn't stall and then ask for your password?

Nop, when I've tried to configure it told me that I have to turn off two steps verification, then when I turn it off the told me I have to turn on two steps verification for works , turned it on again and working fine, only ask for password at configuration.

vc2020

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2014
Nop, when I've tried to configure it told me that I have to turn off two steps verification, then when I turn it off the told me I have to turn on two steps verification for works , turned it on again and working fine, only ask for password at configuration.

I tried turning off two factor and turning it on through the auto unlock process but it still hangs and then asks for password. Maybe after I restart my computer it'll work.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
I had an issue getting it to work on beta 2... I found a tip online that if you are having issues "sending mms" from iMac, MBP, iPad on continuity, to re-sign into FaceTime..... Sounds a bit odd, but worked perfectly after doing that.

vc2020

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2014
I had an issue getting it to work on beta 2... I found a tip online that if you are having issues "sending mms" from iMac, MBP, iPad on continuity, to re-sign into FaceTime..... Sounds a bit odd, but worked perfectly after doing that.
Continuity in general or auto-unlock?

Bigpearl

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2013
I can't even get the option to show up for the Apple Watch
b5635d669c2972e213e8d17acd140937.jpg

jozeppy26

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
St. Louis
Is it possible to install CAT on a 2012 rMBP to enable auto unlock? I keep getting errors when I try installing CAT bc I guess my Mac has continuity already. Or something. Idk.

sqvarepants

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2014
Madrid
I tried turning off two factor and turning it on through the auto unlock process but it still hangs and then asks for password. Maybe after I restart my computer it'll work.

I turned it off by the web and turned it on in settings iCloud

slvrscoobie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2013
NJ
Is it possible to install CAT on a 2012 rMBP to enable auto unlock? I keep getting errors when I try installing CAT bc I guess my Mac has continuity already. Or something. Idk.
Im in the same boat, I have continuity on my work 2012 MBP, but auto unlock on Sierra PB doesnt show up. Hoping there might be a software fix for this like CAT.

Reactions: LewisChapman

slvrscoobie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2013
NJ
New Beta 4 seems ok with CAT, Handoff, and airdrop both working. Unlock with Apple watch still unavailable on BT4.0 card. :(

Last edited:

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
Umm. Thanks for the official Apple take on it, but if you actually look around people have it working on older Macs.

If you're able to get the supported wifi and BT drivers working, in theory it should work.

Where does one get the wifi / Bluetooth drivers for BCM94331PCIEBT4CAX running on macOS Sierra beta 5? As my setup doesn't detect the wifi nor the Bluetooth. It did detect under El Capitan.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Where does one get the wifi / Bluetooth drivers for BCM94331PCIEBT4CAX running on macOS Sierra beta 5? As my setup doesn't detect the wifi nor the Bluetooth. It did detect under El Capitan.
It says on the CAT page on GitHub (see the original post of this thread) that your card is supported by the tool (i.e. it will patch your system to add the driver support you need). Also make note that updates will only be posted on the beta version of the tool while Sierra is in beta - so if the stable version isn't doing it for you, grab the beta.

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
It says on the CAT page on GitHub (see the original post of this thread) that your card is supported by the tool (i.e. it will patch your system to add the driver support you need). Also make note that updates will only be posted on the beta version of the tool while Sierra is in beta - so if the stable version isn't doing it for you, grab the beta.

With the beta of continuity I still can't get it to work.

Verifying wifi hardware not ok no active airport card was detected
Verifying awdl not ok your wifi card doesn't support awdl

Verifying Bluetooth feature not ok no Bluetooth features could be detected
Verifying Bluetooth firmware ok Bluetooth firmware version 57765-v1.37

I have the BCM94331PCIEBT4CAX installed.

Thing is I had to manually get wifi and Bluetooth working when El Capitan came out and had to install some files manually. (Continuity tool was out at that time but didn't seem to work)

I used an io80211family.kext file from El Capitan wifi started working but my system became unstable so I reverted back to io80211 from sierra and my system is stable. But no wifi nor Bluetooth.

Any idea on how,to manually get my wifi and Bluetooth working?

Thanks
[doublepost=1471003946][/doublepost]
I uninstalled the CAT tool, rebooted and now I cannot see my WiFi adapter in my Mini. It says WiFi: No hardware installed. Not sure what to do yet, do you guys know?

I also have no Bluetooth any longer either.

Edit: Ran the uninstall with recovery within the tool. First time I just uninstalled. Fixed and now installing again.

I have the sameness issue on my MacBook Pro. How did you get your Bluetooth and wifi to be detected?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.