Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sgjohnston

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2009
The continuous cookie request thing is driving me up the wall. It seems to ask for cookie permissions every few days now, regardless of whether or not you are signed in, and regardless of how you respond to the cookie request. Now, today, the request can't actually be actioned - the buttons do nothing, so you are stuck with a cookie slide-up that won't go away. Oh wait - I just realised that there's a small active area on the top-left of the button that is actually clickable, so you can get rid of it if you try hard enough.

But it would be really nice for it not to keep asking! This is from Europe, btw.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Hi,

Sorry for that. We aren't seeing that behavior here.

1. What browser?
2. Are you clearing cookies manually or do you have some sort of extension that might be blocking cookies?

arn

sgjohnston

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2009
I’m just using standard Safari, iPadi, Phone and MacOS, with no extensions, and I’m not manually clearing cookies. I read something about the latest Safari blocking longer term cookies set from JavaScript, I wonder if this could be part of the problem? It’s been going on for some time now, and other sites (eg bbc) have similar annoyances.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.