Control iPhone w/ Apple remote?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by legaleye2005, Jul 3, 2007.

1. legaleye2005 macrumors member

I could have sworn I saw somewhere that you can control someone having to do with the iPhone if you have a mac w/ a mac remote (intel)??

2. aaarrrgggh macrumors regular

No IR on iPhone

iPhone doesn't have an IR sensor, so the :apple: remote won't do anything.

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

It'll work if it's in a dock, but not stand-alone.

4. legaleye2005 thread starter macrumors member

Maybe it was controlling the iPhone when connected to the mac...? And controlling it through the computer...? I thought I read something about that.. hmm...

5. macaddiict macrumors regular

I saw this, too!

When Apple first posted the Accessories page (http://www.apple.com/iphone/accessories/) you could click Bluetooth headset, for example, and it would take you to the Store page showing the details and under the dual dock included with the headphones it would say you could control the iPhone with an Apple remote. This is gone now, but I verified that it was there last week after someone said you couldn't do that.

Now the description about using the dock with the Apple remote is gone. My only thought is that even the iPhone accessories were secret within Apple, and the web folks had to rush to put together the pages right before public info was released, so they copied some of the descriptions for the various iPhone docks from iPod dock pages...

Unfortunately, I've clicked my Apple remote at the iPhone with no avail... unless it is in my iPod dock which has the little black IR port on the front...

6. Waveforming macrumors newbie

Hi people , thank for the discussion. seems I have found a workaround with a Logitech "Pure-Fi" dock , on the docks provided remote, also seems to work with similar logitech remote docks. I'm not an ad executive BtW!

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

this a 5 year old thread there are lots of solutions out there now! my guess a few of these people found them. ;) glad you know how the search function works also learn to look at the dates of threads. oh and Welcome to MR