Converting a thread into a guide - is there some automagic way?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by spinnerlys, Sep 7, 2010.

1. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Hello fellow members,

I have created a small guide on replacing the HDD in MB/Ps and on transferring data between old and new HDD.
    SilentPanda gave me the idea, to use the Guide section instead of using threads, as Guides can be further added to even after I got tired or banned or removed due to obscure circumstances (I'm looking at you, AI).

As I spent a lot of time formatting (for better reading, and to satisfy my "formatting fetish"), I don't want to do the same topic again quite yet and SilentPanda hinted at some automagic way to convert a thread into a guide.

Copy and Paste does not really work, as I used LIST, INDENT, B, I and URL tags a lot, and the Guide section does not really like any of them.

Therefore my quest on how to convert a thread to a guide. Do any of you know how to do that?

Original thread: MacBook, MacBook Pro: Replacing the Hard Disk Drive, transferring data to the new HDD

Btw, I tried the "forums.macrumors.com/converttoguide.php?p= 819960§" script, but I get an Internal Server Error.

Thanks for reading and maybe having an answer or two.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Don't use that, do it manually. In other words, you gotta get to know Wiki code for posting stuff. Not that hard, but tedious.

I've been working along with other forum members on the iPhone Guide for a while now. Trying to get everything in order. Trust me, it takes time and when you think you finished, something is updated and so the guide needs to be accounted for the new stuff in every aspect possible.