Convinced a new ipod touch will never make everyone happy...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jedisaga, Sep 19, 2012.

1. jedisaga macrumors 6502

jedisaga

Ok, so, we finally have a revamped, renewed, brand spanking new ipod touch about to hit the market and several of the postings in this forum are negative towards the product. In lieu of the negative opinions here, I know there are a lot of folks excited about the new release however, I am shocked to see all the negativity!

Ok, people cried about a new camera, it has a 5mp 1080p rear and HD (720p) front... We wanted a new processor, it is now running the A5 dual processor... We wanted a higher resolution screen and now it is a true Retina display... We wanted SIRI and we have it now! WTH??? I think Apple could have created a technology to have it touchless, using your thoughts to interact with the device and folks would complain...

Sorry, just had to get it off my chest and I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion... But be happy Apple didn't decide to give us another minor revamp of the 4g model... In the "horrible" colors they are releasing for the 5g.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

huh? I have not seen much disappointment about the new ipod touch on these forums apart from it starting at 299

3. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

Relax, not many ppl are complaining. Those who complain are the loudest that's it. It's the best iPod ever no doubts about it. All I can complain is the screen size it would've been perfect if it was 5" which should work fine for a device that's not a phone. Plus they could've bump storage space to 32/64/128gb respectfully. Other than that it's a great iPod.

Oh, one more minor complain... the rear camer sticks out of the aluminium body, preventing iPod to lie flat on table. I don't like it.

4. jedisaga thread starter macrumors 6502

jedisaga

I know, but I'm puzzled how many folks are upset about this release, considering Apple has all but forgotten about us for almost two years. There are a few things I'm not happy about but all in all, I'm excited about the release!

Btw, agree about the camera not flushed against the device...

J

5. HobeSoundDarryl, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

HobeSoundDarryl macrumors 603

HobeSoundDarryl

Hobe Sound, FL (20 miles north of Palm Beach)
    It's impossible to please everyone with anything. There's always something left out, something that could be done better, some important or discrete benefit missed.

Worrying about pleasing "everyone" should be an Apple internal problem/challenge. It should have no bearing on individual consumers. So unless OP works in Apple Marketing, the variation of this question should be: "does the new iPod Touch make ME happy?". If yes, great. If no, you're crying over milk spilled by people you'll likely never know... for nothing.

You might as well post a thread called "Just Love Apple" and in the details beg the world to find no fault with anything and everything that Apple does, makes, etc.

6. jedisaga thread starter macrumors 6502

jedisaga

Actually, I'm one of the "rare" folks that can see both sides of Apple products, not a fanboy... I know they don't always make the best products and they, like every other company, can screw up things. It's just that most of our former complaints have been addressed by Apple with this release and folks still aren't satisfied. My posting isn't here to make people "love" Apple and its soon-to-be-released ipod touch... Just making an observation.

J

7. greg555 macrumors 6502a

The biggest complaints seem to be that there is no entry level 5th gen model. You either get a 4th gen for $199 or a 5th for $299.

8. JohnnyAndre macrumors regular

It's thin, and likely expensive to make. Also, 16GB isn't enough storage for anything...let alone an iPod. $299 isn't really that expensive. It's average iPod price.

9. stiligFox macrumors 6502a

stiligFox

I think another thing you have to keep in mind is that (I believe, no hard facts) more people will voice disappointment than happiness, even if more people are happy with something than disappointed.

10. 617aircav Suspended

Op why did you even make this post? It has no meaning. You say people are not happy, who are these people, your friends? Why does it even matter to you, they can buy or not buy. Relax, stop placing so much importance on a product that what other people think of it bothers you.

11. 617aircav Suspended

It's expensive dude.

12. sineplex macrumors 6502

Apple doesn't "give" us anything. They make an offer and we either accept with cash or decline.
    -that's how it works.

----------

Yes there is. Entry level starts at $299. That's the entry level.

13. JohnnyAndre macrumors regular

Uh, most all iPods have cost at least $299. 16GB is simply not enough space for a dedicated music/photo device.

14. cnev3 macrumors 6502

You do realize the 32GB iPhone 5 is over $700 right?

15. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

No, this is the rip-off level one.

16. dchao macrumors 6502a

If they had made the decision to release a 16GB version for $249 on day one. It would not have attracted so many complaints. But I think they are just greedy. :(

17. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

These threads humor me. Once someone like the OP states his frustration with someone complaining about something they dislike, he is caught in a pickle because he can no longer complain in the future without being hypocritical. It's like the GOP taking a hard-line stance of small government... unless there is a natural disaster in their state... or they want a military intervention... or they want to control when a woman gets an ultrasound or who is allowed to marry. OP, I'll keep an eye out to see if you ever complain about anything Apple ever does.

18. jedisaga thread starter macrumors 6502

jedisaga

Actually, if you read my post from yesterday at 02:37 PM, you'll see why I started this post.

J

19. jedisaga thread starter macrumors 6502

jedisaga

Again, as I mentioned in my original post "Sorry, just had to get it off my chest and I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion", I respect everyone's opinion. Like others, I have opinions on things as well. I was simply questioning some of the negativity surrounding the new release of the ipod touch 5g. There are a few things I'm not crazy about, however, I am happy Apple decided to release a "true" update to this device. You will see me complain in future postings on this forum, but as I mentioned yesterday... My observations of the postings for the new ipod touch appears to be mostly negative.

J

20. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

C'omon ppl, there's really barely anything to complain about....

1) who expected iPhone 4S camera in iPod touch? (yes it's 5mpix vs iPhone's 8mpix, but other than that it's same quality and features, better than iPhone 4 camera)

2) who epected an IPS improvement over TN panel? Exactly same panel as iPhone 5.

3) who expected siri?

To me, those are the most significant improvements, making the new touch much more close to iPhone in terms of quality and features than ever before. Those who complain don't really know what their talking about. It's a huge leap compared to previous touch models. Yeah it's not exactly same quality in terms of everything, but it never meant to be given the huge price difference. To be honest price gap is much more bigger than quality differences. What does iPhone5 have over iPod touch 5 to really justify the price? A6 chip, slightly better camera (almost the same), and GSM funcionality. To get this 3 features you have to pay additional 400$. Is it worth it? In my opinion not, but that's Apple's stupid policy. Ipod touch 5 is so much better in terms of price/quality ratio. At 299$ it's a bergain compared to iPhone5.

21. JohnnyAndre macrumors regular

Hit the nail on the head.

----------

$299 is cheap for what this product is offering.

22. jedisaga thread starter macrumors 6502

jedisaga

amen!

23. cnev3 macrumors 6502

They made the iPod Touch thinner, lighter, made the screen larger, put a better quality camera, added a flash, gave it siri, gave it a better back surface, gave it the A5 chip, and they aren't charging a penny more for it. (32GB has always been $299) So how is that greedy?

If someone wants a more affordable option, they can get a 4th gen 16GB touch for $199, which is still a good product.

24. Lucas Godfrey macrumors 6502

Lucas Godfrey

think thats bad? it starts at 249 in the uk. thats over 400 dollars.

25. dchao macrumors 6502a

They are greedy, because I am sure a 16GB model will be available in 6 month time, and there is no reason not to release it now.

I don't actually need the 32GB model, and I'm sure many people are like me. So they are just milking the cow as long as they can. :(