Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
I searched the forums and came up with no results so i wanted to give a heads up to anyone who may want to change their iphone carrier logo or put a custom logo where the time is. It does NOT require a jailbroken phone. Its a neat app called CAPTIONCRUNCH. http://macdaddyworld.com/2007/12/31/caption-crunch/
you must have a mac though. You can search youtube for a video tutorial. Just thought some might like changing their logos without jailbreaking. ENJOY

Here is a screenshot.

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 150

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
You use Settings more than iPod? Dude! :) Just thought that was an interesting choice at the bottom. I'm too skeert to change my dock.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
You use Settings more than iPod? Dude! :) Just thought that was an interesting choice at the bottom. I'm too skeert to change my dock.
I've always kept Settings in the dock, as I do use it quite a bit. ;)

IMAGE DELETED

Now that I'm not Jailbroken any more, I like the arrangement for another (kind of silly) reason: color balance. Green/Orange/Blue/Grey. It just seems more balanced than having more than one of ONE color down there (green/green/blue/orange, etc) ... yeah, yeah. Whatever. ;)

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
I changed AT&T to iPhone.

By the way, if I brought this iPhone back to Apple, they would think it was jailbroken right? Even though this mod doesn't require a jailbreak, it would be kind of hard to convince Apple of that.

z062007

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2008
Detroit, Michigan
I changed AT&T to iPhone.

By the way, if I brought this iPhone back to Apple, they would think it was jailbroken right? Even though this mod doesn't require a jailbreak, it would be kind of hard to convince Apple of that.

if you had to take it in i would change it back just so they don't say anything.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
if you had to take it in i would change it back just so they don't say anything.

But, there's a small chance that in future firmwares, this App might not work anymore and we'd be stuck with whatever message we set. That's all I'm saying. I guess the safest thing to do is to set it back to default before any major OS upgrade, then change it again after.

andyblila

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2008
On My iPhone, or my iPad?
But, there's a small chance that in future firmwares, this App might not work anymore and we'd be stuck with whatever message we set. That's all I'm saying. I guess the safest thing to do is to set it back to default before any major OS upgrade, then change it again after.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm sure Apple knows about this app. If not show it to them in the store.:D

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
It's just a square?

Just try it I guess... let the iPhone restart and see what happens. I copied the Apple symbol from the Glyph palette in Illustrator, then pasted it in CaptionCrunch... You should be able to do the same thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.