Cool iPhone 4G Concept:

wowipod

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
Queensland
I've seen the photo before, but I still have to say it looks awesome. Probably not the 3rd Gen / 4th Gen (depending on your location) iPhone but definitely something that may appear in the future. So thin :D

Comment

ss957916

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
Are you suggesting that, asfter 3 generations of what is essentially the same iPhone, Apple may actually consider changing the form-factor??

Comment

johnnydeee

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
I know it's only a mock up but surely the person that created it should have used iPhone earphones with a mic not iPod ones? :confused:

Comment

Zyniker

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2008
Anyone else find it odd that the person who rendered this decided to place the phone on a surface that looks like, well, an outdoor floor covering? I'm not sure I'd put my iPhone 4G on a sidewalk in order to take some photographs of it...

Also, that redesigned Home button just screams bad idea. A button that is actually part of the lower portion of the phone? Yes, great idea. Then the edges snag on things in your pocket, the crevasses get lint and other fun bits of everyday life stuck in them, and the button itself becomes awkward to press.

Comment

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy

the htc hd2 could be the closest to that, IMO not that finger friendly, I doubt you can reach every corner with the fingers of the hand you're holding it with. Even in landscape mode probably not all of the on screen or off screen buttons are that reachable. The resolution is enviable though. If a 2.8" iPhone is near, I suppose a 3.7" or something similar is also possible.

Comment

boss.king

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
that was a 3gs concept too. looks nice, but still sorta old.
the 4G (not that i'm saying thats what it will be called, just using it as a reference) will probably be similar to the 3G/3GS in its form factor

Comment

greygray

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
Every rumor thread here has this picture somehow or the other. Looks pretty nice but it's very flat.

Comment

jav6454

macrumors P6
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Old picture is old. That picture was originally posted in Gizmodo. BTW, dream on, due to chip constraints (and battery) Apple won't throw an iPhone that thin for a good deal of time....

Comment

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Love the idea of the larger screen but I'd be screwed with the button being part of the bottom of the phone like that. I'd end up hitting it unintentionally dozens of times a day just taking it out of my purse, etc.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.