Cool Notifications Concept

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blorzoga, May 5, 2011.

1. sharpycl macrumors 6502

sharpycl

2. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I like! Very nice. But that song ruined it for me

3. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

That is pretty good. I think it passes the simple understandability for the masses test too.

Don't know what he did with the rest of the double click, drag left options though. Maybe stick those in a double click left, left?

4. jthomp macrumors regular

Wow.. That' was impressive... Maybe that can show up in, ahem, Cydia? WE CAN HAZ? :D

5. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

no thank you.

i don't want another app on my homescreen for notifications.

however, the lockscreen is cool. get rid of the "slide to view"... looks tacky.

i think if Apple wants to put notifications in the 'task manager', then they should appear once you double click. then you swipe to the right to close apps, and to the left to see iPod controls.

6. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

I'm sold, when can we have it?

7. andrewsd macrumors 6502

Very nice but I'd have to be able to have the notifications on the lock screen but more private. To where it just said new message from so and so or what not but not display the text for just anyone to see.

8. iphoneIA macrumors regular

I like it. It looks really nice and easy to use.

9. collisos macrumors member

Agreed...no need for anyone to see all my notifications just my looking at my lock screen. Otherwise, it looks great.

10. mrockm01 macrumors regular

mrockm01

You mean in the unused space above the multitask bar?

11. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

12. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I would just like something simple, like android notifications. I love iOS but i think Apple has added too many new features for it to remain intuitive in it's current form. Triple tapping the home button is messy, folders are not ideal for containing hundreds of apps, and going into settings to turn on things like Wi-Fi and toggle cellular data/3G is not as simple as it should be.

Long story short, Apple needs to make some serious modifications to iOS. They have a strong hold in the mobile industry, but to keep it they must evolve. I know a lot of people will hate a new look to iOS because it would be something to get used to, but I honestly feel change is necessary in order to make iOS the super-functional and easy-to-use OS it used to be.

13. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Better still, give the user the option. Before multitasking, double-clicking the home button could be set to open the camera, iPod controls, and a couple of other functions. Now it just opens the multitask menu. I only ever double-click the home button to use the iPod controls, so it'd be nice if I could set it up to default to that screen.

I also agree that a separate app for notifications is not necessary. The empty space above the multitask menu, or the empty space below the spotlight bar, would both be appropriate for putting notifications, imo.

All in all, though, an impressive solution. If Apple ended up doing this, I would welcome it still. Great work!

14. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Its a nice simple concept. I still like LockInfo more though. Especially love the android like notification drop down from the statusbar to view all my notifications. When I'm in the middle of a game or website and hear an email come in, I just swipe down so the notifications appear. I'll check my email, and can swipe and the notification screen goes back up. Never have to leave the app or screen I'm in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpQSDQSaiWU

15. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

I like lockinfo better. I can see it all from the lock screen and can activate it within any app to see all notifications. I can also dismiss all of them from the lock screen too.

16. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

I'd like it if apple did this
    Activated with a swipe down from the statusbar. Much like a notifications add on to SBSettings
    (Please excuse my use of paintbucket :D)
    [​IMG]

Kinda rough but you get the idea.