coolest thing you found?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PACMAC, Apr 8, 2008.

1. PACMAC macrumors regular

PACMAC

what have you found that someone left somewere and you happen to saw/found it...were and what was it? money,phone,ring..ect...and what did you do with it?

i found 5$ and keep it..:p lunch:D

2. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

I was walking past a dumpster when I was a freshman at OSU and found a powerbook (albeit a lombard) in it. Needless to say, I dove in and fetched it out, along with a power adapter, and a few other things. The machine worked. I ended up using the screen and battery off it on a Pismo I bought from a friend.

3. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

When I was 8 me and my mate found a brand new motorbike chassis hidden in the woods. Being a smart ass, I went to the local garage knowing they did a lot of work on bikes etc and said "my dad wants to know how much you would give him for a brand new Yamaha chassis in red? He just wants to get rid of it quickly" They said they would pay £50 for it. So I said I'll go and tell him. Me and my mate went back to the woods and brought the chassis to the garage saying £50 is ok. He gave us the £50 and we spent it all on candy and crap over the weekend. I was ill for a day or two after from the major sugar rush. :D

4. PACMAC thread starter macrumors regular

PACMAC

nice find...you got to do what you go to do to get a apple from the trash..:D

5. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

I work at truck rental place and we find phones on a weekly basis, we always try to return them we call and keep them for a week if noone comes back for them i keep thema nd sell them

6. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

My friend found a switch blade at gamestop once. Once we got out of the store all I said was "nice find" and now every once in a while he takes the blade out just to show off....

great.

7. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

i also found a money clip once in a parking lot, bets part, it had 120 bucks clipped to it...

8. msharpmu macrumors regular

My college roomate and I were walking home from a party at 3 in the morning and we found like 200 cash whipping around in the wind, right in the middle of a five lane road. We ran around the road for about 5 minutes just grabbing at cash. Luckily there was not a lot of traffic.

9. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

An unopened 40oz bottle of crown royal rye... I was 14. At least I shared my good fortune with friends. ;)

10. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

11. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Ha!

I think that would be best posted on another forum, but it was good!:cool:

12. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

Sweet! That is by far the 'coolest' hahaha.

I remember when Meijer began carrying dry ice - I bought a brick of it just to screw around with it. I'm nerdy, I did all kinds of stuff with it - it was a blast.

13. emw macrumors G4

emw

Sometimes quite literally. Put some in a soda bottle and seal it. Watch said bottle explode*.

As far as finding anything, I don't know that I've ever found anything of significant value, although I've had plenty of dreams involving such a thing. :eek:

* I am in no way recommending this course of action, simply making an observation.

14. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

$250 bucks in a wallet. Put the wallet notice up (not mentioning any money in it, so people wouldnt just say its theirs). No claim.

2 iPhones. Tempting, but I turned them both on and the owners called so I returned them.

15. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

My wife and I found a lady's ID once. We tracked her down and returned it. She worked at a museum that my wife had wanted to visit so she got us free admission, and we all lived happily ever after.

16. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

I've found tons of cool stuff before, but sadly I can't recall anything of value right now. I'll probably remember something cool later.

I found a Nike iPod running attachment in Boston once, kind of random as I don't even have an iPod with a dock attachment but it's still a kind of neat find. I also found 2 full envelopes of iMac DV restore and install disks in my school. Odd seeing as we hadn't had macs in years.

17. Xfujinon macrumors 6502

Finding stuff is one of my favorite things to do. I just walk around, hiking or whatever, and I pick up stuff I find.

Some highlights:

1. A very old pellet gun in the woods, still worked (once I got the dirt out)
    2. A dog skull, must have been a huge dog
    3. 50 dollar bill in the middle of a street
    4. A gold ring with an opal in it, buried at the beach, I found with a metal detector
    5. Netter's Anatomy, first edition, at a garage sale, one penny cost!
    6. A skateboard in a pond.
    7. fossil mammoth teeth
    8. fossil bison teeth
    9. fossil shark teeth
    10. a HUMAN tooth in a park once. I still have it, in an old medicine bottle
    11. A very old pioneer-times trash dump with cobalt glass bottles
    12. several cars in the middle of nowhere, abandoned

My brother found a dead body while out jogging. While I wouldn't be proud to find it, it is certainly one of the more obscure things to be found by our family of notorious finders. Turns out the woman was old, just wandered away and got lost.

He's still scared sh*tless by the idea.

18. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

19. jSunbeam macrumors regular

1965 Vox AC30 amp in my then-girlfriend's garage. Worth a good few grand, i got it for nothing. :cool:

20. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Lets see, the coolest things I found...
    1) A golden ring on a duck (caught the duck, got the ring)
    2) The case that comes with an iPod
    3) A pair of denture on the beach
    4) $20 in my pocket

21. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

A french fry in a bottle of ketchup -- and, being a young kid, tasted it. :p

22. dunstablian macrumors newbie

Dunstable, UK, home of the true time bandit!
    I like this thread, so here are some TRUE things I have found over the years. . . . . .yes and I mean TRUE.

1. I was out looking for my Dad, not seen him for years, someone pointed me in the so called right direction. . . . .A Soho bedsit. . . did not find him there, thought it was a wild goose chase, so got really drunken instead, got thrown out of a night club, went to find a bus to get home, spewed up on the bus cops rolled up to cart me away . . . . yep one was me Dad . . . . . tosser stilled nicked me though.
    2. Mick Jaggers Rolex watch at a Knebworth concert. . . i gave it back. . nutter!
    3. A dead homing pigeon in my loft. . . .it had been lost/dead for 8 years. . . from Belgium.
    4. Two dead dogs in a black bin liner. . . called the cops. . .I thought it was a person. . DOH!
    5. Three black frozen toes in Lapland.
    6. Cardboard box full of cigs and cigars. . . from a robbery in the town centre where I live. . . . puff. . puff. . it all went up in smoke. . . cough! cough!
    7. A mans penis stimulator. . . . in church. . (no not a catholic church)
    8. fourteen left footed sandals. . .hop! hop!
    9. My Mums car keys. . . in the same field i lost them. .obviously . . 22 years previously.
    10. My friends left arm in an old fashion washing mangle. . .still attatched to her but smelling of burnt rubber,hair,skin and bone. . . yuk!
    11. A satanic ritual dagger. . . and had to run like mad when what I thought was Satan shouting a me. . . "put that down you little B*****D or you will find it in you gut" of course I threw it down where it accidently struck his cat. . . . Mum sent me to my Nans, far away for the summer break. . . phew!
    12. A dead body in the park. . . well I thought the old boy was dead until I tried to nick a small bottle of vodka that was gonna go to waste by his side. . he woke up and chased me for 20 mins. . . .the motto "never assume someone is dead . . . and watch it if he has been drinking Vodka and RED BULL.
    13. A box of matches in a derelict warehouse. . . mmmm.
    14. 2 kilos of white powder stashed away on a train in Vienna . . .someone reported it to the guards. . . . . train stopped at Brussels. . . . .all off searched catalogued, numbered, branded, passport taken off us all . . . .got to Brugge authorities found out it was Milk powder. . . .I had to make a statement where i bought it from and why i put it in the bin in the bogs on the train. . . . . not what i found but what someone else found that i had dumped.

Yes all TRUE.

23. Queso macrumors G4

*hugs Mord*

All I can manage is a measly £10, from which I bought myself and two friends coffees and muffins in Starbucks :)

24. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

1. A $20 dollar bill in a pool (it was wet, but i still used it:p)
    2. A friends computer, that had been stolen (Powerbook G4)
    3. iPod Nano on a park bench

25. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

one Halloween my friends and i went digging in peoples trash.. I fount a lid to a pot..

my mom uses it in our kitchen now.. ewwwww....