Copy Paste from Magazine Apps?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Huntn, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

My initial searches regarding this ability (copy and paste text) while reading a Magazine on your iPad does not look promising. Is there a way to do this without jailbreaking?
    Thanks!

2. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

Take a screen shot and crop?

3. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Thanks, but this won't achieve my goal of copy and pasting editable text. :)

4. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

If it has share option, maybe try one of the links there to see if it opens the sharing app with all text in it and copy from there ... i did this with one of mine.

5. urkel macrumors 68030

The few magazines ive tried dont have this option. And its a shame because these magazines take a lot of space but I dont want to save libraries of magazines just to have access to a few pages of articles.

6. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

From what I can tell mags on the iPad are pre-rendered pictures and not text so the only way to do it would be take a screenshot and then OCR it.

7. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Thanks for the suggestion. This is sounding more trouble than it's worth. In the Newsweek App I can share by sending a link to Facebook, Twitter, or email. As an experiment I've emailed it to myself, just to see what arrives. For most Newsweek/Daily Beast articles you can find them online... really. :) And if it's online, without having to come up with iPad screenshot and OCR Apps, it would be simpler to copy and paste from there.

8. Soundflunky macrumors regular

Jalibreaking wouldn't help at all with this. Some of the magazines are literally just groups of PNGs and JPGs.