Copy Paste from Magazine Apps?

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
My initial searches regarding this ability (copy and paste text) while reading a Magazine on your iPad does not look promising. Is there a way to do this without jailbreaking?
Thanks!

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
If it has share option, maybe try one of the links there to see if it opens the sharing app with all text in it and copy from there ... i did this with one of mine.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
The few magazines ive tried dont have this option. And its a shame because these magazines take a lot of space but I dont want to save libraries of magazines just to have access to a few pages of articles.

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
From what I can tell mags on the iPad are pre-rendered pictures and not text so the only way to do it would be take a screenshot and then OCR it.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
From what I can tell mags on the iPad are pre-rendered pictures and not text so the only way to do it would be take a screenshot and then OCR it.
Thanks for the suggestion. This is sounding more trouble than it's worth. In the Newsweek App I can share by sending a link to Facebook, Twitter, or email. As an experiment I've emailed it to myself, just to see what arrives. For most Newsweek/Daily Beast articles you can find them online... really. :) And if it's online, without having to come up with iPad screenshot and OCR Apps, it would be simpler to copy and paste from there.

Soundflunky

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2012
Jalibreaking wouldn't help at all with this. Some of the magazines are literally just groups of PNGs and JPGs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.