Copy & Paste IS Coming (New news inside!)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eminemdrdre00, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Eminemdrdre00 macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

Im not sure how many of you are familiar with Kevin Rose, but he started the popular Digg.com, and has nailed mac rumors in the past.

On this week's Diggnation they were talking about the iPhones flaws, and the fact that it cant copy/paste was brought up. Kevin said "its coming, trust me, I know its coming". 2.3? Heres hoping!

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Kevin Rose has a 50/50 with Apple Rumors.

Yes, some of them have hit on the spot, while others have not even materialized.

In other words, he may say what he wants, doesn't mean its 100% correct.

3. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

We can only hope.
    He was correct for the majority of what he said was coming in iTunes 8.

4. ex8886 macrumors member

He might be 50/50, but recently he's been pretty accurate. So hopefully he's right this time. And let's hope it's not the only mistake they are correcting. Now, will 2.3 be the next update, or are we gonna go through 2.2.1-2.2.x?

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

honestly, ive been wondering how long its gonna be until rose dies under mysterious circumstances.

His steveness cannot be happy with him

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

A fool and his money ...

Seriously, what did you learn from this? It's coming. No timeframe, now how, no anything. I could say I KNOW it's coming because, duh, it's an obvious thing that the iPhone needs. I could also say I KNOW the iPhone will have a faster cell connection, 32GB, 802.11n, video recording, a better camera and many other things. Any of those could happen tomorrow or in a decade, but I didn't say when. Therefore, if they EVER happen, I'm right.

So basically you told us nothing. Kevin Rose told us nothing.

7. Eminemdrdre00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

8. grimreaper1377 macrumors regular

Kevin Rose is 50/50. Then again, I honestly don't know at this point what Apple could consider more important than what the users actually want: copy/paste, mms..the list goes on.

9. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I just want PUSH which was promised in September of this year. IMs are still pretty useless without it, PUSH email and all.

Rose isn't great with rumors. He was pretty off with details about the original iPhone.

10. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

11. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Apple already said that they were working on copy/paste, but it wasn't high enough on their priorities to put in update X*.

*update X was whatever update they were working on at the time.

12. Bad Cyborg macrumors newbie

That's good. And once the copy-and-paste hurdle is overcome, perhaps someone might look into this other snafu as well. And after that perhaps they can start fixing the camera problem too.

13. liquidh2o macrumors 6502

Here's to hoping. Unfortunately this guy isn't very reliable. I'll believe it when MR puts it on the front page :)

14. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Not fully believing it. I know it's coming at some point, too...it's just a matter of when.

15. xerikx macrumors regular

Anyone can say it's coming

Kevin Rose isn't some god, in fact, he's a tool as proven from his old TV show

16. kzoojason76 macrumors member

Sounds like 50/50 to me. It's coming, or it's not coming.

Kinda like a 50% chance of snow. It's either snowing, or it's not snowing!

17. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

Wrong!

So when you say he was pretty accurate, was that about the Blu-Ray in the new macbooks? or the physical keyboard on the iPhone 3G? or the (insert random Kevin Rose guess)?

Listen, as stated above, Kevin Rose is just as much of a fanboy as most of us, and all he does on he's shows are take educated (sometimes not even that) guesses at what might come out. Most of the time, he has no physical evidence or any evidence at all. I'll give it to you that he nailed iTunes 8 on the dot, but clearly 1) he was in the know on that and 2) Apple didn't care too much about that to hide it all that much. It was kind of a given come the iPod event.

So my point is, like said above numerous times, you can hope for C&P, but don't think its definitely gonna happen come Macworld, because Kevin Rose said it. Let's be serious, almost all of the C&P nuts out there would believe Steve Ballmer if he said C&P was coming to the iPhone, so let's just all take a chill pill and wait.

18. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

When he is right, he is right on. When he is wrong, it's terrible. Far from the real thing.

19. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

20. cere macrumors 6502

Rose has been hit or miss. Remember when he 'leaked' info about the iPhone and it was suppose to have a slider keyboard and dual batteries?

As far as him saying he knows CnP is coming, well some exec (can't remember who) already said that when iPhone 3G was released. IIRC, he said that CnP was always on the list but that other items were taking priority. At the time, I assumed that meant important features like Push notifications, but now I think it meant StreetView integration and Emoji, because we were all clamoring for those...

Edit:
    The Apple exec was Greg Joswiak. "Apple has a priority list of features, and they got as far as they could down that list with this model, Joswiak said. In other words, they don't have anything against cut and paste. They just judged other things to be more important."

21. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

Amazingly enough, I also have been 50/50 with Apple rumors...... because they're either true or false. LOL

22. TheMBC macrumors 6502

So Apple's list was:
    (limited, I suppose) GPS
    Good speaker
    Flush headphone jack?

That's it? Really? Besides apps, which technically were not dealt with "this model" but with all...

23. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

F-f-f-fake...and horrible to use from what I can tell.

24. cere macrumors 6502

Well, there was 3G, most importantly, as well as other important features like GPS, AppStore integration. But once the 3G model was out, they seem to have forgotten about items that should have been at the top of their list, like CnP and Push. Instead we get updates with Emoji and StreetView integration. Granted, they have put a lot of effort into bug fixes, but given their own statements about prioritizing, they seem to be focused on the wrong things.