Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Davidkoh

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2008
I find that to be highly unusual considering it was remarkably speedy on a 1.6Ghz Dual Core, 1GB of RAM HP laptop. It seems that a lot of people on here have these Windows horror stories and then proclaim the entire OS is **** but its not like OSX doesn't have its fair share of issues.

Well, I installed XP instead which was much more quick. It wasn't meant for a OS X vs Win 7 comment, more that I still think Win XP is better from a speed perspective. It was really slow, boot time was a lot slower then XP and so on.

bloodycape

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2005
California
Even without Bloomfield there were 65 W low-power desktop Penryn quad-cores.

I'm waiting for that day too. The optical drive is about twice the size of the hard drive. That means removing the optical drive gives room for a second hard drive plus a bigger battery (that or what you said).

Or Apple could do what some HP, Dell, and Levnovo models offer, a caddy slot, where the user can choose what they want there. If they want a dvd/blu-ray drive they can just slide one in Then later take it out, to put a battery in there for those long road trips, and use the optical drive as an external one. Or if they need more space, use that slot as a HDD slot. I think that would be more useful than anything.

kryptonianjorel

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2009
Sager and Clevo have Core 2 Quad and Core i7 920 based notebooks.

Who and what? Are those gaming laptops or those "Professional Studio Laptops" that weigh 25 lbs?

The option to purchase a notebook with the P Series or lower voltage is still there.

From your traditional outlets, not usually. People don't want to pay for both performance and power savings; usually they cheap out and do one or the other.

What price points are you talking about? You can save money on a Celeron or Pentium Dual Core. There are several options binned out to CULV and the standard components still fall in line with standard volage or slightly lower.

They're great for budget, but like I said above, this is power savings and not performance.

I don't have any problems with the numerous models.

A lot of the time, it is impossible to narrow down what is what.

Example: http://tinyurl.com/ygxz849

How can you tell what is what in all of that mess. Hell, acer has over 25 15" notebooks alone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.