Corporate Discount Denied by Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnclevohio, Jan 10, 2014.

1. johnclevohio macrumors newbie

My company offers 25% off monthly rates for Verizon Service. I had this for the previous 2 years. Just last month this stopped being applied to my account since I am technically off contract. I cannot sign a new contract since I have unlimited data and do not want to lose it. Anyone else encounter this? I've asked my employer about it and they said its Verizon's policy only offer the discount to people only on contract.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm always on contract but it kind of makes sense. You're getting a nice benefit but they only want to extend it to those willing to be on contract.

3. jamezr macrumors G4

jamezr

So Verizon wants to eliminate as many of the old "unlimited" contracts as they can....so the incentive is to sign a new contract under the current guidelines or keep the unlimited and lose the corporate discount. It really depends on how much data you use versus the cost savings you are getting on the discount

4. I7guy macrumors G5

I've been off contract for a year and still get the corporate discount applied. Yes, I have unlimited data plan.

5. Kjwilkerson macrumors newbie

It may have something to do with the specific requirements of your corporate discount. In general, I thought Verizon only changes the rates or limits if you change something about the specifics of your plan. I didn't think they changed anything for going on contract again.

If you're willing to go on contract, I would ask, "if I go on contract again, will anything change with my current plan/rates, other than the additional 25% corporate discount?"

And, be very sure you both understand each other -- because once they change something, they cannot retro it back.

kjw

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

So pick your poison. Which is more important to you?

7. CEmajr macrumors 601

Threaten to switch carriers and maybe they will give you a deal.

8. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

They did that to my father also.

He went TMo.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Take a look at any documentation relating to corporate discounts and one relating to your specifically--request Verizon to provide it if you can't find it. Go by what's there--if they can remove it without reason, or in certain situations that this falls under, then that's that really, but if not, then you should have something you can use to argue your side of things. Perhaps check with your company to see if anyone knows anything about this too.

10. garya73 macrumors 6502

11. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

And even in this day and age, AT&T is still a bigger evil than Verizon....

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Verizon doesn't deal that way - if you leave they'll promise you stuff, but not before. I tried that a few years ago and they wouldn't budge. I jumped to ATT and all of sudden I got calls left and right promising the world if I came back.

I stayed through the contract but eventually returned to VZW because they had better coverage for me. When I travel to New Hampshire, I'd lose the signal with ATT but with VZW I had LTE (in the White Mountains area of NH)

13. CEmajr macrumors 601

They've changed now that competition has increased. I also remember back in early 2013 when I told them I was going to take 3 lines to T-Mobile they didn't care. Back in October I called to cancel one of the lines I still have with them and the guy begged me to stay and went through all these deals and offers to prevent me from canceling the line.

Never hurts to try. Even Verizon has to earn their customers these days.

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I won't disagree with you, it can't hurt to call, the more t-mo tries to steal customers, the more both ATT and VZW will work to retain customers.