Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billinaz

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
Goodyear AZ.... for now.
So what's next?

Ontario, Ca

Status Scheduled (in 1 hours 17 minutes)
Aircraft Boeing 747-400 (quad-jet) (H/B744/Q – photos)
Speed Filed: Mach .84 (graph)
Altitude Filed: 37,000 (graph)
Distance Direct: 2,360 sm Planned: 2,424 sm
Route MDO B453 KATCH B453 PETPA B453 KYLLE RBL J65 EHF ZIGGY4 (Decode)

Clusty

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2006
Ontario, Ca

Status Scheduled (in 1 hours 17 minutes)
Aircraft Boeing 747-400 (quad-jet) (H/B744/Q – photos)
Speed Filed: Mach .84 (graph)
Altitude Filed: 37,000 (graph)
Distance Direct: 2,360 sm Planned: 2,424 sm
Route MDO B453 KATCH B453 PETPA B453 KYLLE RBL J65 EHF ZIGGY4 (Decode)

Why would these be going to Ontario? The whole point of bringing them to Anchorage is to send them through US customs. Just because there's a flight scheduled to Ontario doesn't mean that the same cargo is going to stay on the plane.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
"End of day" is to guarantee that your package will get to you on the promised date but also takes into account the volume of deliveries that will go out on that date.

It's also possible that there will be a real time listed as the actual date approaches.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Why would these be going to Ontario? The whole point of bringing them to Anchorage is to send them through US customs. Just because there's a flight scheduled to Ontario doesn't mean that the same cargo is going to stay on the plane.

I agree.. We will have to wait for the next UPS update.

rman726

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2007

The flight is going to Ontario California FYI. And you are right that they aren't necessarily all going to Ontario, but I would guess that they are. Alaska isn't a major hub. They will probably all go down to a major hub, and then be dispersed from there.

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA

Its Ontario California and in this case I don't think they will be unloading the plane. These phones are bound for people in the sunny west. (Like Me:D)

ki7hy

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2008

It's in California. More than one Ontario on the planet.

Juicy D. Links

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
The flight is going to Ontario California FYI. And you are right that they aren't necessarily all going to Ontario, but I would guess that they are. Alaska isn't a major hub. They will probably all go down to a major hub, and then be dispersed from there.

Its Ontario California and in this case I don't think they will be unloading the plane. These phones are bound for people in the sunny west. (Like Me:D)

Next step will be UPS Worldport in Louisville as east coast phones are on that as well

Clusty

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2006
Ah, Ontario, CA definitely makes more sense.

Actually, I'm in SC and I believe that my phone is on this flight.

Thanks for the geography lesson, but at the mention of simply "Ontario," one thinks of Canada rather than California.

jeblis

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2012
BTW customs occurs in one of the UPS hubs (Ontario, California for UPS59, Kentucky for UPS61) not in Alaska. They were never taken off the plane.

ki7hy

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2008
Ah, Ontario, CA definitely makes more sense.

Thanks for the geography lesson, but at the mention of simply "Ontario," one thinks of Canada rather than California.

Sorry, after reading that I came off a little short, I can understand where you would think Canada.

Clusty

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2006
BTW customs occurs in one of the UPS hubs (Ontario, California for UPS59, Kentucky for UPS61) not in Alaska. They were never taken off the plane.

This is my third iPhone pre-order and every time it has gone through customs in Alaska. In fact, never before has one gone through Ontario, CA.

froggiemlm

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
And UPS 59 Heavy is on the ground.

Now wheels up again scheduled (in 1 hours 57 minutes)to get to Southern Caifornia.

Im assuming all these are West Coast Phones? Im in Arizona.......

Nope im just outside of Kansas City Kansas

jeblis

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2012
This is my third iPhone pre-order and every time it has gone through customs in Alaska. In fact, never before has one gone through Ontario, CA.

And how would you know where it occurred? It's not necessarily where it lands first. The plane was not unloaded, it just got a new crew, fuel, and a refill on coffee. In any case, shipments from well know manufacturers through ups/fedex are basically rubber stamped anyway.

----------

What if it went from Hong Kong to S Korea?? :D

Mine did, that's flight ups61. Left AK at:

Anchorage, AK, United States 09/17/2012 2:28 P.M. Departure Scan

Going to KY

Clusty

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2006
And how would you know where it occurred? It's not necessarily where it lands first. The plane was not unloaded, it just got a new crew, fuel, and a refill on coffee. In any case, shipments from well know manufacturers through ups/fedex are basically rubber stamped anyway.

Actually, if I'm remembering correctly, in the past they have been held in Anchorage with a message like "awaiting customs clearance" (or something to that effect). I'm just telling you what has happened in the past; I don't know what is going to happen this time.

ipadfreak

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2010
Just letting everyone know, we are all wrong. I called UPS, and they said that my phone (also on this flight) will go through customs in Alaska and then go onto Louisville, along with all the other iPhones, where they will stay until apple instructs them to ship them out to everyone who ordered.

Now of course, this guy could not know what he is talking about, but it sounds more realistic then tons of iphones going to Ontario...:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.