Correlation between Stock Price and Annoucement days

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iLikeTechnology, Sep 21, 2011.

1. iLikeTechnology macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I understand that Apple's stock typically takes a slight hit following a major press event but does anyone know the typical reaction of the stock after the press event is announced/the invitations go out to the media? I'm referring to the announcement of the event, not the event itself or an actual product announcement. I'm not sure of the days that press events had been announced over the past several years, so I'm unable to check the charts for those time frames. Thanks!

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can easily look this up with www.google.com . In any case, it doesn't really matter. The general trend of Apple stock has been "up." Since shorting stock is generally pointless, that's all you really need to know.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I don't have specific numbers for you, but I can tell you that the stock isn't completely dependent on whether Apple releases a new phone or not - it doesn't completely work like that. As miles(^^) mentioned, the general trend with Apple is positive, so there's nothing to worry about unless you were planning on selling and buying your stocks 3-4 (before/after event) to maximize your profit $$.

5. iLikeTechnology thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm considering buying some options that are inherently time sensitive. I'm not asking for investment advice, I'm just asking for more information so I can make more informed decisions. Miles, as I stated, I can't easily find this info on Google or another search engine because I don't know the dates of the announcements.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

You can find them on Wikipedia. (type in iPhone into Wikipedia)