Resolved "Could Not Connect to Apple Watch" on iOS 11 beta 3

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iMel, Jul 10, 2017.

1. iMel, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017

iMel macrumors member

Just updated my iPhone to the latest dev beta, but now when I check for Software Updates in the Apple Watch app, I keep getting the "Could Not Connect to Apple Watch" error.

Notifications are still pushing from my iPhone to my watch (Series 0).

I've tried rebooting and toggling Airplane Mode on both device, but no avail.

Are you guys able to check for Software Updates in the Apple Watch app in iOS 11 beta 3?

(I'm eager to see if the new iOS beta fixes the Apple Watch battery drain issue reported here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/watchos-4-beta-2-battery-life.2052930/)

2. KrisLord macrumors 65816

My iPhone is updated to beta 3 and my watch is connecting as normal.

i was hoping there’d be a new beta for the watch but it seems not just yet.

3. Redcap macrumors newbie

i don't have the problem checks fine, but there is no new watch os beta :mad::mad:

4. iMel thread starter macrumors member

Nevermind, I just did another reboot with my iPhone and it finally went through. Thanks guys!

5. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

I seem to have this issue and Im still on the first watchOS beta. Was never able to get the 2nd beta to show up and that is when I was on iOS 11 beta 2, now beta 3. Ive already reset the watch once, repaired it and made sure the watchOS beta profile was in place.

6. cschmelz macrumors 6502

I updated to iOS 11 b3 today (first time on 11) and my watch stayed connected but ONLY with the cloud icon AKA WiFi. Wouldnt' connect via Bluetooth despite reboots and the like

Re-pair and it was fixed. Wonder if this is causing a lot of the battery issues too because certainly wifi connectivity uses more power than Bluetooth 4 LE?

7. WalterTizzano macrumors regular

WalterTizzano

I have the same issue and even after a few reboots it still persists. Should I just keeping rebooting? :(

8. smakk macrumors newbie

smakk

Had the same situation, I solved the problem installing profile watch os on iPhone (if you install profile there is a choice, on the watch or on the iphone. You need to install both).

9. cschmelz macrumors 6502

You don't need to install it in both. I have it installed on my watch only and it beta 2 and beta 3 installed fine.

10. AaronG123 macrumors regular

Attempting to update the Series 0 watch to Beta 3 was/is the most painful experience... after almost 2 days of trying including 3 resets, loads of soft resets iPhone & watch, renaming the watch lots of times, lots of beta profile re-installs - finally the watch app is seeing the new beta software & downloading. Fingers crossed the watch doesn't get stuck whilst installing now :)

11. WalterTizzano macrumors regular

WalterTizzano

I'm in the same situations, I tried many times but so far I had no luck whatsoever :(

12. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

+1
    Glad to see I'm not the only one

13. AaronG123 macrumors regular

You've just got to keep trying; back and forth between re-installing profiles, airplane mode, restarting both devices, switching between checking on Wifi & 4G...absolute pain in the bum; thought it was a goner tbh. Stuck on Beta 2 forever; with about 2 hours battery life

14. gwhizkids, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017

gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

I'm getting this on Beta 4. Really annoying.

UPDATE: Got it to go finally. Several restarts, toggling airplane mode on and off. Shouldn't be this hard...

15. udflyer macrumors 6502

This is assinine of Apple. I've been trying 30 minutes, no luck.

Great quality and no beta 4's should not be doing this crap ever

16. SumYoungGai macrumors 6502a

I was planning on doing beta 4 before reading this. Looks like I'll have to stay off the beta train for now then.

17. b4ulaf, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017

b4ulaf macrumors newbie

b4ulaf

This post says resolved, but what was the fix? I am still getting the message that my software is up to date. I have the developer profile installed, tried restarting iPhone, restarting Watch, and toggling Bluetooth multiple times. Lastly, I've unpaired and repaired my Watch. Any other steps I should take?

---DISREGARD: Found out that I had the wrong profile! Even though I kept selecting WatchOS, the iPhone profile kept installing for some reason.

18. Connor Linfoot macrumors newbie

Connor Linfoot

When you say you toggled airplane was this on the phone, watch or both? Having the same issue and being trying to work it out for hours now.

19. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

I did it on both. I do wonder if this is all a server-side issue and those of us who “fixed” our watches just got lucky.