Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tigert07

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
I'm not entirely sure. I don't believe there are any threats right now, how is your phone behaving to make you think that you have a virus?

ben173

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
Something in your backup must be corrupt. Restore your iPhone and set it up as new. Should fix the problem.

the thing is when my computer goes and updates any apple product my computer gives me an error message

Supraking

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2010
very very very very slow
Just because a phone or even a computer is running slow doesn't means it has a virus. There are a lot of factors contributing to the slowness of your iPhone.

You can try restoring your iPhone, that can help.

ben173

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
Your computer or do you mean iTunes? What message does it shows?

i dont know if its my computer or my itunes but the message says "the iphone cannot be restored at this time because the iphone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable" called apple many times no one really helped

ben173

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
i dont know if its my computer or my itunes but the message says "the iphone cannot be restored at this time because the iphone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable" called apple many times no one really helped

actually i think it is my computer because i tried it on a different one and it work if any one know how to fix this please let me know or lead me to a right post

Last edited:

mrmacosx

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
It's simple. Are you running Android? If so, yes you probably have a virus.

Seriously?

Have you even gone back to the Symantec thread and read the official article? Stop being so hung up on Android having security flaws- iOS has just as many.

Thus, in the same way, I could say: "It's simple. Do you have a phone? If so, yes you probably have a virus."

Sound retarded to you? Yeah thought so too.

B18DelSolT

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2010
Seriously?

Have you even gone back to the Symantec thread and read the official article? Stop being so hung up on Android having security flaws- iOS has just as many.

Thus, in the same way, I could say: "It's simple. Do you have a phone? If so, yes you probably have a virus."

Sound retarded to you? Yeah thought so too.

Seriously?

Symantec is the biggest POS on earth, it cant even find viruses so why would I listen to them as far as whats vulnerable? Its all Fluff to get people to buy a product there gonna release?? lol

Now on topic: If your running iOS 4+ I have noticed that some apps either have a memory leak or something and they just hog resources. What i would try doing is closing all the apps running (double tap home key, hold a app till the shake then click the minus symbol) then power off and power on the phone. Ive had a lot of people come to me with the email app acting up to the point where it wont receive any exchange emails, ill do that process and viola it works fine and phone is responsive again.

mrmacosx

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
Seriously?

Symantec is the biggest POS on earth, it cant even find viruses so why would I listen to them as far as whats vulnerable? Its all Fluff to get people to buy a product there gonna release?? lol

Now on topic: If your running iOS 4+ I have noticed that some apps either have a memory leak or something and they just hog resources. What i would try doing is closing all the apps running (double tap home key, hold a app till the shake then click the minus symbol) then power off and power on the phone. Ive had a lot of people come to me with the email app acting up to the point where it wont receive any exchange emails, ill do that process and viola it works fine and phone is responsive again.

I don't think Symantec and their Norton Anti-Virus product are very good either, but 'radiogoober' was referring to another thread in which he crapped on Android because the OP of that thread said that 'iOS has no security flaws while Android has more holes than Swiss cheese', while linking to an article by AppleInsider talking about the Symantec report.

Even the original article said that iOS has as many security flaws as Android. That crap-ass blog flung the report into a dishwasher and came up with 'iOS is incredibly secure and Android sucks' as they are prone to do.

I merely wanted to tell him to draw his own conclusions by reading the original report, rather than a crappy blog post. Is that a problem for you?

So my response to you is:

Seriously?

How about reading up on the post I was talking about before replying?

B18DelSolT

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2010
I don't think Symantec and their Norton Anti-Virus product are very good either, but 'radiogoober' was referring to another thread in which he crapped on Android because the OP of that thread said that 'iOS has no security flaws while Android has more holes than Swiss cheese', while linking to an article by AppleInsider talking about the Symantec report.

Even the original article said that iOS has as many security flaws as Android. That crap-ass blog flung the report into a dishwasher and came up with 'iOS is incredibly secure and Android sucks' as they are prone to do.

I merely wanted to tell him to draw his own conclusions by reading the original report, rather than a crappy blog post. Is that a problem for you?

So my response to you is:

Seriously?

How about reading up on the post I was talking about before replying?

My reply was nothing against you just stating that anything symantec says should just be ignored. How about you settle down? Anyways, with enough time money and effort anything and everything has a way to be compromised

Pmoser

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
you could get a virus with anything hooked up to the internet plain and simple

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.