Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
Saw someone using iOS 6 yesterday and it looks awful and antiquated in comparison now; there is no comparison for me, I would never voluntarily go back. iOS 7 is fun and bold and exciting; these things will always be subjective to one's likes and dislikes, but I fall in the camp of truly loving it. This is all particularly true with 7.1, which is incredibly smooth (even when compare to iOS 6). Battery life has been fantastic through the original betas. I'm not one to nitpick on iconography. In terms of application functionality, I find that the new functions enhance the features of the OS tremendously; 7.1's Calendar app also restores it to full functionality for me.

To each their own. For me, iOS 6 is a thing of the past, and I'm very happy with the changes. I think many people (i.e. not all) will change their minds with the release of 7.1.

Serelus

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2009
Vm9pZA
When you jailbreak, there's absolutely no reason to go back to iOS6

NoSlowAnimations and Springtomize 3 allow for a speedier iOS7 (even faster than iOS6).

osx11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2011
When you jailbreak, there's absolutely no reason to go back to iOS6

NoSlowAnimations and Springtomize 3 allow for a speedier iOS7 (even faster than iOS6).

Animations can be turned off,

I take comfort in knowing that my iPhone is not jail broken and hence secure.

Serelus

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2009
Vm9pZA

This sense of "security" is the privilege apple bestows on you for not jailbreaking and you're buying into it. This is like claiming you can't install anything other than Office on windows, or nothing but iLife on Mac OS X.
The simple fact is you're only vulnerable in an enviroment/platform you don't know. I simply know what I am doing. My iPhone is at no more risk than anyone else with a non-Jailbroken iPhone.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
How very Apple-like (according to the Android fans) that users choose style over substance. So iOS7 performs worse than iOS6 - and nobody can deny this - yet it is somehow much more preferable to iOS6 because it 'looks nice'.

Facepalm.
Less shiny, but brighter (at the cost of some usability/performance).

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Less shiny, but brighter (at the cost of some usability/performance).

This 'loss of usability and performance' is almost in smallprint, like it doesn't matter. To me, usability and performance are the number one requirements - if it looks nice too then that's a bonus.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013

Turning off the animations only make the long gaps where the device doesn't respond to touch even more noticeable.

caribsa

macrumors regular
May 11, 2013
I've only upgraded my iPad 4 to IOS 7.0.4 about 2 weeks ago from IOS 6.1.2 when a jailbreak became available. I can honestly say, I don't notice any difference from the 2 IOS. In fact, my only major complaint is that I miss my theme from IOS 6. I did not mind IOS 6 at all but like to stay up to date on the IOS if it's possible.

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
To answer the OP: Yes, I can. I've tried. But I can't downgrade back now. I have an iP4, and I've decided I don't like the way iOS7 runs on it, so I'd like 6 again lol.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Turning off the animations only make the long gaps where the device doesn't respond to touch even more noticeable.
No long gaps really, just fading instead of zooming. Even better/smoother/faster in 7.1.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
No long gaps really, just fading instead of zooming. Even better/smoother/faster in 7.1.

Yes, I know that it's fading... But the amount of time it ignores your touch input is the same. It's even more pronounced because there's nothing happening on screen, yet it doesn't respond for a moment.

abshole765

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013

Even with animations turned off, I've managed to tap the home button or screen and had to do it multiple times because it didn't register the first time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.