Countdown to the Expo

samy85114

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2001
that's not official yet, but i was told by someone of TechTV and they'll probably broadcast it LIve. It's a good news!!!! Without lagging!

S

Some Guy

Really easy to add stream.

If the person who made that is listening, you can open a URL to the web page where the stream will be hosted quite easily.

That way when the counter does expire IE (or whatever) will open that URL.

I don't believe there is any kind of placeholder URL to send directly to the QuickTime player. So it has to be the full web page.

Just a thought.

S

stevejobs

Another great feature would be if it launches the web browser automatically at the start of each day and points it to www.apple.com so we can immediately read the next teaser caption.

Squirrel

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2001
Come on people...this is pathetic.

Look, I'm a big macrumors fan too, but getting excited about a countdown app for the EXPO???
Ever hear of something called a calendar?

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2001
Freaky

This is weird. I am relatively new to the mac seen (12 months), but I am just dying here watching my counter on the desktop.

It is so funny how much we all sound alike at times like this... not that we are all clones, but we do share the same passion that makes us mac freaks (in the best possible way).

I just cannot believe how bold mac is about this. Question for you old timers. Has mac ever hyped an event this much before...if so did they measure up?

In a way this concerns me. How can they possibly live up to this? It seems like many people on this site get bummed after an expo because they didnt get the announcement they were looking for. I hope mac delivers.

Ooooops, I gotta go, my desktop timer just rolled past 4 days, 14 hours, 53 minutes, and 45 seconds!!!

HexaPlus

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2002
Never

Apple has never hyped something like this and ussually you'll see tons of sites (includeing this one) filled with rumors of more crazy crap then you can shake a stick at....
but this time its all quiet on the western front....
And as for people getting burned by over zealous rumors its happened before but apple never advertised anything it was all a product pure rumor.
but...
The only thing i could think of that would create this much hype is....

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Welcome to the Mac scene. :)

Of note, people will get on your back about calling the company "mac". It's "Apple". Just to forwarn you...

as for historically speaking - Apple rarely hypes MacWorld Expo.

I remember 2 times they did it. One was for the introduction of the iMac. On their website, it was a white page with the following words:

Pro. Go. Woah.

which turned out to be New Pro PowerMacs, new Powerbook, and the iMac

Another time there were pictures of a cookie, screwdriver, something else... and it was partly the introduction of the Online Apple Store.

It is exciting. When was the last time Dell introduced a computer... and did anyone care? Apple has a unique culture to it

arn

crassusad44

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2001
Scandinavia
Re: Freaky

Originally posted by buffsldr
This is weird. I am relatively new to the mac seen (12 months), but I am just dying here watching my counter on the desktop.

It is so funny how much we all sound alike at times like this... not that we are all clones, but we do share the same passion that makes us mac freaks (in the best possible way).

I just cannot believe how bold mac is about this. Question for you old timers. Has mac ever hyped an event this much before...if so did they measure up?

In a way this concerns me. How can they possibly live up to this? It seems like many people on this site get bummed after an expo because they didnt get the announcement they were looking for. I hope mac delivers.

Ooooops, I gotta go, my desktop timer just rolled past 4 days, 14 hours, 53 minutes, and 45 seconds!!!
Last time they hyped something this big, was in 1984.

On January 24th Apple will release Macintosh. And you will see why 1984 won`t be like 1984

If I`m not mistaken. Of course you have the Pro. Go. Whoa. and the cookie, screwdriver and shopping trolley, but nothing ever like this...