Countdown to Tiger 10.4

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
So today is the day Tuesday and my credit card is awaiting the anouncement.

T- minus : ??:??:?? till Tiger

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2004
Switzerland
liketom said:
So today is the day Tuesday and my credit card is awaiting the anouncement.

T- minus : ??:??:?? till Tiger
If Tiger is announced today and assuming they're updating the store at the usual time, I'd say the countdown now stands at T-3 hours.

Lincoln

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2003
UK
I hope its today too

I can stand the anticipa.............................tion (think Dr. Frank N Furter for how to say that).

Every day there's new evidence that it will appear on Friday, then Monday now Tuesday (usual day for new announcements). :confused:

In addition .mac has been up and down like a yo-yo lately. According to MacOsRumors Tiger will bring a few .mac additions too.

So will it be today? I hope so, but time will tell.

P.S. Also looking forward to updated iMacs too. :p

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2004
Switzerland
We'll find out in the next half hour if something is coming. If so, non-US stores will go down within the next 30 minutes! At this time, they're still online though. But that doesn't mean anything as the usually go down after 1pm CET (it's now 12.58 pm). BTW, European stores were offline last night, probably for maintenance. However, they might also have prepared something for the big launch. Let's wait and see :)

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
My guess is that Apple will announce Tiger today around 08:00h to 10:00h Pacific Time (+08:00 GMT). Any other guesses?

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2004
Switzerland
GodBless said:
My guess is that Apple will announce Tiger today around 08:00h to 10:00h Pacific Time (+08:00 GMT). Any other guesses?
If they followed their usual pattern, they would announce within the next hour or so. Panther was announced about an hour later than hardware, though.

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
Virginia, USA
Looks like its not today. It seems more and more likely that the April 1 "leak" was phony -- a shot across the bow at thinksecret and appleinsider and this site. Too bad. :(

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
GodBless said:
That seems right ;)

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
rosalindavenue said:
Looks like its not today. It seems more and more likely that the April 1 "leak" was phony -- a shot across the bow at thinksecret and appleinsider and this site. Too bad. :(
Yeah but today isnt april 1st. Today is "early" april. It isnt like anything can be done to change it; it has gone GM. So either they release it now or a bit later, but with a bit later they will loose precious days of advertising. I really do believe that it will be released to buy on the 15th/16th(whenever NAB starts), so for apple it would have to be the sooner the better, but then again apple has always surprised us with some strange things....eg Powermac Shippping dates.

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
Virginia, USA
vouder17 said:
Yeah but today isnt april 1st. Today is "early" april. It isnt like anything can be done to change it; it has gone GM. So either they release it now or a bit later, but with a bit later they will loose precious days of advertising. I really do believe that it will be released to buy on the 15th/16th(whenever NAB starts), so for apple it would have to be the sooner the better, but then again apple has always surprised us with some strange things....eg Powermac Shippping dates.
I really hope you are right; but as of now (9:04 AM on the 5th) I dont know that we even have reliable info that Tiger has actually gone gold-- all of the stories that I saw had the "gone gold" were stated in conjunction with the April 1 announcement.

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
liketom said:
if it was to come it would be in about 2 mins right ?? 14.00 UK
Wouldnt it be released at 9:00 AM cupertino time(not sure which Time zone) that is only happening in 3 hours. This is usually the time that apple releases new products in my memory.

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
this can not be true !!!

iBook updates / eMac / iMac / Tiger 10.4 WHEN ????? April is here and time is ticking

COME ON APPLE - i'm not spending another penny until i get my updates

(liketom picks up his rattle he dropped out of his pram )

thefunkymunky

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
London
vouder17 said:
Wouldnt it be released at 9:00 AM cupertino time(not sure which Time zone) that is only happening in 3 hours. This is usually the time that apple releases new products in my memory.
I'm pretty sure if anything is going to be announced today it won't be until 9.00am or 10.00am Cupertino time. 5.00pm or 6.00pm UK(GMT) time.

TheWitePony

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2003
thefunkymunky said:
I'm pretty sure if anything is going to be announced today it won't be until 9.00am or 10.00am Cupertino time. 5.00pm or 6.00pm UK(GMT) time.
I agree, if it gets to be after noon Cupertino time and no announcement then I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon (as in not this week at least).

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
That's what I remember too. 12:00 or so Eastern time, with the store going down at 11:00. So I'm remaining hopeful.

C'mon. At least update the 1.25Ghz eMacs to 1.33. That'd get me through the day.

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
they could at least get rid of them dam iPods from all the stores arrrrr how many times do i have to look at that - picture of an apple logo would be cool if they have nothing

mmm or even a box coverd by a sheet with a phrase : are you ready ? under it .

arrr things to pass the time lol

timmyb

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2005
United Kingdom
rosalindavenue said:
I dont know that we even have reliable info that Tiger has actually gone gold-- all of the stories that I saw had the "gone gold" were stated in conjunction with the April 1 announcement.
I agree with this. If it has gone gold master, wouldn't Apple say so?

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
rosalindavenue said:
I really hope you are right; but as of now (9:04 AM on the 5th) I dont know that we even have reliable info that Tiger has actually gone gold-- all of the stories that I saw had the "gone gold" were stated in conjunction with the April 1 announcement.
True, but if Macworld announced it, i would find it strange taht it wasnt Gold. well i am really trying to stay optimistic...i really really want TIGER!!!

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
TheWitePony said:
I agree, if it gets to be after noon Cupertino time and no announcement then I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon (as in not this week at least).
And if they don't announce it today then it is not coming before NAB because Apple will want more than 10 days between their announcement date and the date that Tiger is in stores (unless they will announce it the day it is in stores -- they'd pick up more impulse buyers that way). They could however announce it at the NAB conference which could be the first day that it is in stores. If it is not announced today then a NAB Tiger announcement is what I will be looking for.

Come on Apple update your site today. I want to familiarize myself with all of the great new Tiger features so I will know what to experiment with as soon as I install Tiger on my iBook.