Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
I'm personally sick of hearing of these two lying clowns.

They're doing this for all the publicity, and the media is eating right out of their pot.
Balloon Boy's parents, these jokers...

I wouldn't cry a bit if they all ended up in jail, but I should also point out that this is what we get for being a nation of idiots that sit goggle-eyed in front of stupid reality TV shows that feature a bunch of nobodies doing nothing of consequence.

And now we're giving them all this media coverage. Rewarding bad behavior is what it is. I hope the networks treat them like they're radioactive...but I wouldn't be surprised if they end up getting their own series. :mad:

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Balloon Boy's parents, these jokers...

I wouldn't cry a bit if they all ended up in jail, but I should also point out that this is what we get for being a nation of idiots that sit goggle-eyed in front of stupid reality TV shows that feature a bunch of nobodies doing nothing of consequence.

And now we're giving them all this media coverage. Rewarding bad behavior is what it is. I hope the networks treat them like they're radioactive...but I wouldn't be surprised if they end up getting their own series. :mad:

Unfortunately, you are dead on with this analysis. It is really quite sad.:(

RayStar

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2008
I hope they have to do community service. Cleaning vets homes is a good start.

Jason Beck

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2009
Cedar City, Utah
I crashed in last week and slept on the Obama's couch. Weird how
the president ordered his family to call him "King Obama" .. Kinda freaked me out. His wife cooked up some mean rice crispie's treats though!!
:eek:

IntheNet

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2009
Gatecrashers attend Obama's first official state dinner. So much for extra security huh?!???

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_state_dinner_uninvited_guests

The issue may be well beyond the Secret Service or the party crashers...

Desiree Rogers asked to testify about Obama party crashers before Congressional panel
By Lynn Sweet
on November 30, 2009 10:09 PM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2009/11/desiree_rogers_asked_to_testif.html
WASHINGTON --White House social secretary Desiree Rogers has been asked to testify at a Thursday hearing of the House Homeland Security Committee about how wannabe reality TV stars Tareq and Michaele Salahi crashed the Obama's first state dinner last week. The hearing is titled "The United States Secret Service and Presidential Protection: Examination of a System Failure." Committee chairman Rep. Bennie G. Thompson (D-Miss.) sent Rogers a letter on Monday inviting her to testify, acting on a request by Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.), the ranking Republican on the committee. King told me Monday that he wanted to know why Rogers -- the former Chicago business executive who is close to President Obama and First Lady Michelle -- did not assign staffers to trouble shoot the guest lines. I asked him what he wanted to ask Rogers. He said: "Why they decided not to have someone there; did they check with the Secret Service?"

According to the party-crashers - Tareq and Michaele Salahi - they were invited by Michele S. Jones, the special assistant to the Secretary of Defense and the Pentagon-based liaison to the White House.
See: Gatecrash Update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.