Couple questions about warranty, iPhone 3G ect.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AndrewR23, Mar 31, 2011.

1. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

1. My GF has a broken vibrate button with an out of warranty iPhone 3G, is there ANY chance and I mean any that they would replace it with a new one, a 3GS or just try fixing it in the back?

2. Has anyone on here had a 3G but got a 3GS as a replacement? (saw one guy about 3 weeks ago)

3. Has anyone got a broken iPhone (any model) replaced when it was OUT of warranty. This means after your one year is up or your applecare is over. Not like shattering your screen after a month of buying your phone, ect.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hold on, you're out of warranty so you're hoping they will still replace it for free and not with just another 3G but a 3GS?
    Yes, maybe they will give you an iphone 4 and a trip to Vegas too:D
    lol

3. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Warranty will always be covered for hardware issues. Even after the one year is up, they will normally fix actual hardware problems. (In most cases) As for your problem.. I'm going to assume it was from a drop?

You could always take it to the Apple store and have them take a look at it. It won't hurt. But if it's caused from damage on your end, it will be highly unlikely that they will replace it. (They would probably fix it for you, but at a fee)

4. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Well they replaced a iPhone 3G with a 3Gs for another user on here. Anything is possible with Apple. But i also asked if they might fix it in the back.

5. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Good answer, Maybe she did drop it? the button looks perfectly fine, but when its on vibrate, the phone will keep going loud/vibrate without it moving.

6. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Oh snap.. In that case... *Whips iPhone 4 at wall* Perhaps I'll get an iPhone 5? And I better get that trip to Vegas. ;)

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

1. No, out of warranty requires a $200 fix which means a refurbished or new 3G.

2. No, Apple doesn't do that.

3. There are many cases around. However, the longest time out of warranty repair I've seen or heard is 1 week.

8. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Just take it to an Apple store and have them take a look at it. It's not going to hurt. And then you'll know what they are able to do.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's a rare exception and not the rules that they're supposed to follow.
    You can give it a shot bringing it in and tell them what happen and see what they can do for you. But dont get your hopes too high expecting a new 3GS.
    What they usually do is offer a $200 out of warranty replacement.

LMAO:D

10. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Ya my hopes arent set that high at all. Just hoping they can maybe try fixing it? I dunno haha

11. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

Plus, because she has a 3G, you may want to look into seeing if she has an upgrade available and just get an iPhone 4, or do an upgrade swap. This is because it boils down to this:

$200 for a Referbished 3G

or

$200 for a brand new iPhone 4, or less for a 3GS

The choice is yours alone.

12. wpotere Guest

This happened to my wife's phone. I just took a dab of superglue and carefully reapplied the button. She never had another issue.