Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisFromCanada

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
Raven VII said:
The 2005FP/W is widescreen. The non-widescreen "version" of that LCD is either the 1905FP or the 2001FP, depending on how you look at it.

If you go to the dell outlet site it is the 2005FPW

DELL - UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1-inch Wide Aspect Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand
20.1-inch, Wide Aspect (16:9), Active Matrix TFT, Midnight Gray, 1680x1050 Pixels, 300 cd/m² Brightness, 600:1 Contrast Ratio, VGA / DVI-D / S-Video Connectors, 4 USB 2.0 Ports, 100 mm VESA Compliant
Special offer- save $100!!

zyuzin4

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Eugene, OR
was surprised to see my monitor outside my gate today instead of Monday! Hookup was easy. I find it hilarious that it was easier to set up on my Mac than on my PC!. For the mac, it automatically set the resolution. For my PC I had to download the latest drivers to even be able to set the resolution. No stuck pixels from what I can see watching a dark movie. I don't see any dead ones from a quick scan either

2005fpw.jpg

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
Mine came today too! My wife called and said it arrived. I was surprised, but I forgot it would ship from Austin, so it did not have far to travel.

zyuzin4

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Eugene, OR
nospleen said:
Mine came today too! My wife called and said it arrived. I was surprised, but I forgot it would ship from Austin, so it did not have far to travel.

oh man I just got scared. Saw a black spec on my screen but it was just dust! Enjoy your new monitor! I gained some major real estate. My old 20 incher Apple monitor you can see to the side only had a max resolution of 1280x1024

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
that is reallly nice.. can you get some more pictures?? What other 20 inch or lcds are in this price range?? Or maybe less?? What can i get for closer to 400?? Maybe something from bestbuy?? Because i get an employee discount from there, so i pay 5 percent over what bestbuy pays..

douglas

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2004
Dell coupons for Canada?

Do the quoted coupons work for Dell Canada, and if not where can I find some that do? Thanks

chan0429

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2005
zyuzin4 said:
was surprised to see my monitor outside my gate today instead of Monday! Hookup was easy. I find it hilarious that it was easier to set up on my Mac than on my PC!. For the mac, it automatically set the resolution. For my PC I had to download the latest drivers to even be able to set the resolution. No stuck pixels from what I can see watching a dark movie. I don't see any dead ones from a quick scan either

2005fpw.jpg

HA HA HA! You can see your official Apple putty knife in the picture! That's classic.

rtdgoldfish

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2004
Nashville, TN
Well, seems that I am just a little to late to come accross this thread. Those coupons have expired and the price is now $561.75. Anyone have any other coupons that can be used towards this monitor now??

And for those of you that have bought one, how do you like the display?? I had promised myself to never buy anything from Dell but it is looking like I might have to break that promise for one of these. My PC currently has a Nvidia G-Force 440MX 128MB, that should be able to power this thing, right??

zyuzin4

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Eugene, OR
i'm in love with it. of course this is my first new monitor ever. it could not be better except for the backlight bleed through issues

steeveage

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2004
Redwood City, CA
For those of you who are looking out 2-3 months to buy this monitor, you may want to consider waiting for the 2405FPW, which will be released in March. Basically the 24" version of the 2005FPW, and I'm sure Dell will be offering up equally good deals on these. Why buy a 20" when you can have a 24" for a little more money? ;)

zyuzin4

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Eugene, OR
steeveage said:
For those of you who are looking out 2-3 months to buy this monitor, you may want to consider waiting for the 2405FPW, which will be released in March. Basically the 24" version of the 2005FPW, and I'm sure Dell will be offering up equally good deals on these. Why buy a 20" when you can have a 24" for a little more money? ;)

I'd consider a "little more" money to be 150-200. If coupons lower the 2405FPW to 700 I'll be shocked

Pathetique

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2005
Hey, I'm a newbie on these forums, but i've lurked for a while.

I just got a brand new powerbook about a week ago, and i ordered this monitor from the outlet this morning. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how long it took them to ship it from the warehouse. I choose next day shipping, so once they get it from their warehouse it shouldn't be to long before it's at my door hopefully. I just saw that the estimated shipping date on it was the 10th or earlier though, is that just them covering themselves if they can't ship it as soon as they'd like, or am i looking at the 10th as the actual shipping date?

Any commets are appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.