Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
Lot of horrible comments here. For most people a tablet is just a tool to get their tasks done. Not everyone cares or notices speed or weight/spec differences. Those people probably use their tablets much less than enthusiasts.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
They said the air doesnt feel any slimer, doesnt feel any lighter and the screen looks the same as ipad 2 and the speed difference isnt noticable.:eek: they said i wasted money for minimal upgrades.

If they say you wasted money for minimal upgrades just because they are jealous of iPad they might or moth have one! :apple:

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Those people probably use their tablets much less than enthusiasts.
Not necessarily. They probably just use it differently. Shopping on Amazon.com, reading ebooks, posting on Facebook or Twitter, watching YouTube videos, listening to Pandora, etc are bound to require less processing power than gaming, audio and video editing, etc.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
They said the air doesnt feel any slimer, doesnt feel any lighter and the screen looks the same as ipad 2 and the speed difference isnt noticable.:eek: they said i wasted money for minimal upgrades.

The real question is do you notice a difference. If so, then screw them. It's your money after all, not theirs. They can go not spend their money on whatever they don't want to. But they need to shut up about how you spend yours

jeremysteele

Cancelled
Jul 13, 2011
The real question is do you notice a difference. If so, then screw them. It's your money after all, not theirs.

I've always been amazed how people are so affected by their peers opinions. Its as if they think someone else's opinion would make or break whether or not a product they bought will work for their own needs.

All that matters is: does your device do what you need it to do?

• if yes - then great, screw everyone else's opinions and be happy.
  • If not - then yeah, you made a mistake.

No one on the planet can answer that question except for yourself.

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Coming from my point of view...there isn't enough of a difference between the iPad 2 and iPad Air for me to upgrade mine.

Obviously I can tell the difference between the two and obviously the Air is better. But I paid about $780 for this thing and would be lucky to sell it for $250. I am using it until the day it dies. Or maybe until my apps stop working on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.