Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tallyho

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2004
UK
Hmm. Sense of proportion people? Will it be the end of the world if you don't get your iPhone on the launch day?

Having said that, I really want to get mine on the 11th...but I won't cry about it if I can't.

captain kaos

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2008
UK
Hmm. Sense of proportion people? Will it be the end of the world if you don't get your iPhone on the launch day?

Having said that, I really want to get mine on the 11th...but I won't cry about it if I can't.

Probably, as everyone will go postal!:D

atiffarooq

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2006
Tell you what O2..... give me a PAYG iphone 3G now and il keep you updated on my website when you can have your money??.. il post up a teaser telling you i will be paying you £369 on a set say and then take it down minutes later and say i will let you know 'soon'.

That is priceless, I loved this bit of your post!!

johnwin

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2008
Hull, UK
A lonely voice in the 'o2' darkness . . . .

for those of us taking the o2 contract you have to admit the plans avaliabe look VERY attractive compared to overseas don't they?

US is bad. Canada is AWFUL! Why can't the Queen step in and sort this out instead of giving Knighthoods to Kylie!

atiffarooq

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2006
for those of us taking the o2 contract you have to admit the plans avaliabe look VERY attractive compared to overseas don't they?

US is bad. Canada is AWFUL! Why can't the Queen step in and sort this out instead of giving Knighthoods to Kylie!

I have to admit that seeing the other tariffs around the world, we do certainly have the best available. I do wish they would give unlimited texts without having to pay for a £7.50 bolt on, I would be more content paying ... less :).

I'm going to go for the £35 tariff, and then will pay the £7.50 for the unlimited texts bolt on, just wish I could get it a little cheaper :eek:.

TomB88

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
I have to admit that seeing the other tariffs around the world, we do certainly have the best available. I do wish they would give unlimited texts without having to pay for a £7.50 bolt on, I would be more content paying ... less :).

I'm going to go for the £35 tariff, and then will pay the £7.50 for the unlimited texts bolt on, just wish I could get it a little cheaper :eek:.

While I know we are very lucky with our tariffs compared to the rest of the world (poor Canada), £35 a month - the £30 option being a joke - is just too much for me. I generally need about 250/250 texts/minutes at most, so pay monthly simplicity tariffs are my preferred option. PAYG would be nice but, of course, it's looking less and less likely that they will be available on the 11th.

:D Sorry, the image of the queen phoning up and demanding lower prices for an iPhone just seems so funny...
I lol'd :p
"Mr Jobs, one cannot afford a mobile telephone at these extortionate prices..."

tallyho

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2004
UK
I'll probably also go for the £35, although if you can still downgrade after 9 months I might do the £45 to £35 thing that others have mentioned.

Simple question about texts though - 500 bundled texts=about 16-17 per day. Do you really send more than 17 texts every day, day in, day out, 365 days a year? How many more texts would you have to send before the £7.50 bolt-on becomes worthwhile?

TonyHoyle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Manchester, UK
Simple question about texts though - 500 bundled texts=about 16-17 per day. Do you really send more than 17 texts every day, day in, day out, 365 days a year? How many more texts would you have to send before the £7.50 bolt-on becomes worthwhile?

At 12p each £7.50 is 62 texts.. so about another 2 a day would make the bolt-on worthwhile.

So the only grey area is between 17 and 19 texts per day. Sucks if you send exactly 18 per day :p

captain kaos

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2008
UK
While I know we are very lucky with our tariffs compared to the rest of the world (poor Canada), £35 a month - the £30 option being a joke - is just too much for me. I generally need about 250/250 texts/minutes at most, so pay monthly simplicity tariffs are my preferred option. PAYG would be nice but, of course, it's looking less and less likely that they will be available on the 11th.

Me too :p
"Mr Jobs, one cannot afford a mobile telephone at these prices..."

I know we're lucky with the contract prices, but at least the US and Canada has been given info concerning PAYG!!!

atiffarooq

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2006

I'm with Orange at the moment, and send on average about 1400 texts a month. Last December I sent 2300 throughout the month, so I think I'd definitely need the bolt on :eek:

tallyho

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2004
UK
At 12p each £7.50 is 62 texts.. so about another 2 a day would make the bolt-on worthwhile.

So the only grey area is between 17 and 19 texts per day. Sucks if you send exactly 18 per day :p
Haha well fair enough. I guess I really don't text as much as some people then - for me 500 per month is as good as unlimited. I can imagine sending quite a few on one given day, but then the next day might send only a couple. Point being, I will be nowhere near 500 across a whole month.
I'm with Orange at the moment, and send on average about 1400 texts a month. Last December I sent 2300 throughout the month, so I think I'd definitely need the bolt on :eek:
That was 77 every day in December! Wow!

atiffarooq

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2006
That was 77 every day in December! Wow!

I was shocked at the amount as well when I looked at my Orange Best Plan review. But the figures don't lie! Maybe I could use the email function more on the iPhone, but I doubt I'd get replies back as quick as sending text messages!:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.