CPW taking orders!!! QUICK!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ryanmanu, Jul 10, 2008.

1. ryanmanu macrumors regular

just ordered mine and got a full cconfirmation email, dont know how long website will be open for so hurry!!

Ryan

2. Rankrotten macrumors 6502

Rankrotten

And they have got 16GB in stock also. But new contracts only not for upgraders.

3. japaternoster macrumors newbie

4. ryanmanu thread starter macrumors regular

really? im surprised then as they still have in stock especially after the o2 fiasco we witnessed on monday

5. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

True 'Dat

6. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Ma-rk-et-in-g pl-oy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There'll be plenty tomorrow.

7. jonathanh macrumors newbie

Yeh, saw this at about 5 mins to 5pm and then saw the "to get it delivered tomorrow you must order by 5pm" bit and think I made the fastest online transaction ever.

Only had the confirmation email so far though, just hoping for a tracking number sometime tonight though.

8. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Yeah, I ordered my 16gb black this morning, got an 'order processed' email right after and after having called them 3 times was told I should be getting a confirmation email that the order is complete, and can pick the phone up from store ( i chose this ) at 8.02am tomorrow and quote the store my order number.

BTW Because I ordered this and an iMac last night, I consequently had the fraud dept. of my bank call me, because both apple and CPW make a small transaction (£1 for apple, and 1p for CPW), this is for them to verify the account is real and active.
    This triggered a suspicious activity and so I had to call both apple and cpw to confirm this is what it is, and then tell my bank the same, still waiting on the block to my card to be lifted....interestingly the fraud squad also told me they have had alot of instances where CPW have made the penny transaction and then customers banks have been taken for thousands (fake cpw links?). How true this is I have no idea, could be scaremongering but would they need to lie?
    Anyway, just be cautious (as you should always be when purchasing online) and if you do have the trouble I had, then you can safely tell your bank this is what the transaction is for.

9. Vereina macrumors member

But will not necessarily deliver tomorrow ....

I placed an order just before noon today, but I would not bank on it being delivered tomorrow. My order is still in stage 1, with a status message that includes the words "Please note: due to the current high volumes of orders that are being placed, unfortunately we cannot guarantee next day delivery.".

Has anybody who placed an order on-line with CPW today received more than the first order confirmation e-mail and / or moved beyond stage 1?

At any rate, having placed the order today will hopefully result in a confirmed delivery slot as soon as they have more stock .... :)

10. Vereina macrumors member

And the CPW website now says (on the iPhone front page):

"Please note: iPhone3G orders placed after 3.30pm, 10th July will not be delivered on July 11th."

And I've still seen nothing to suggest that my order, placed at 11:45 today, will be delivered tomorrow. Perhaps I should be more optimistic; at least this is CPW, not O2 .... ;)

11. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Call them, thats what I did, push them to confirm with email. I should be getting an email asap and have been 'guaranteed' it will be in store to pick up tomorrow.

12. shocker38 macrumors newbie

Has anyone who has ordered on CPW site checked their order tracking my hasnt moved from order placed.

13. Vereina macrumors member

I did call a couple of hours ago, in fact. The guy I spoke to was friendly but admitted that they are unable to check today's on-line orders on their system right now. So I fear that the guarantee they gave you may not be terribly cast-iron. Until the order moves past stage 1 (on the tracking web page), there is nothing to suggest that it is likely to dispatch today. But I hope you get the e-mail soon!

14. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

it no longer matters, as because of the fraud check issue CPW were unable to take the £59 for the handset, I called them and was told I would have to make a new order which would not be deliverable for tomorrow, so I cancelled the whole lot and will now wait in line at O2 tomorrow....**** happens...oh well

BTW I see you are also in Hampshire, where do you plan on going or have you already ordered?

15. Vereina macrumors member

I've already ordered, in fact, at around 11:45 this morning, but still in stage 1 and only the initial e-mail so far, so unlikely to get a delivery tomorrow, I suspect ....

16. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

I ordered at 11 today and stage till just now. It has gone straight to despatched with tracking number and email just arrived. So check back in a bit. Keep your chin up hun ;)

17. Libitina macrumors 6502

Libitina

Just ordered black 16gb for pick up at my local store. Hurrah!

18. jonathanh macrumors newbie

Where do you find out what stage the order is on? Whenever I try to go to track the order it says I need to register and provide a account number.

19. salanddaz macrumors member

Is this to pick up tomorrow? I was going to do this but had a look earlier and it said if you order today it will be ready to pick up Saturday

20. ryanmanu thread starter macrumors regular

21. jonathanh macrumors newbie

Seems the only way to talk to customer service about orders done online is by emailing them. Thanks for the link Ryanmanu, I'm still stuck on stage 1. What is more annoying is if they don't email back tonight I won't be able to cancel and just go and buy one tomorrow, so will have to wait.

This has to be one of the worst mismanaged product launches ever.

22. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Dartford o2 seems to 20 8 & 10 16 Giggers. I picked 1 up for me, and my mum got 1 too!

23. ryanmanu thread starter macrumors regular

same as me john, if id have known i would have got delivery by ATLEAST saturday i would have gone to o2 store 2moz

24. Libitina macrumors 6502

Libitina

I'd like to pick it up Saturday if poss, gonna ring them tomorrow. As long as there is a 16gb iphone with my name on it, somewhere in the country then I'm happy.

25. glanv macrumors regular

Hi Sassenach

I'm in Hampshire ad due to O2 stitching me up (despite ordering at 0810 on Monday) I will probably be heading to my local town centre, which is Portsmouth, tomorrow. Where are you going?

Glanv