Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kwissylawrencek

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
Hi all, I've had my Macbook for 12-13 months now, and it now has a crack in it. It is just a general wear and tear crack from where my right wrist sits on the Macbook when it's sitting on my desk. Sometimes when I bring my hand back from the macbook it sometimes catches the crack and is quite irritating, and also just detracts from the aesthetics of it.
I've had it for more than 12 months so its no longer covered by Apple's 1-year warranty period, but does anyone have any idea on how much getting this repaired would cost?
Here is a photo of the crack:

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    719.3 KB · Views: 124

GreenEyed85

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2008
Happened to me lots of times with my old macbook (crackbook) Take it to apple they should fix it it's a well known fault.

thetinman

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2008
England
If you search there is a mega long post with a lot people having the same problem.

Don't mean to sound smug but thats the main reason why i waited until the new MB's came out.

kwissylawrencek

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
oh wow, i never knew it was such a problem. I'll take it in tomorrow. Perhaps it's time i upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.