cracked app?!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Manikstor, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Manikstor macrumors member

i went to go try an app before buying it.. and it showed up with a screen saying

"Pirated Version" and had to option Close And buy it. unfortunately i was unable to try it before i purchase ( i might just purchase it anyways cuz i need it.) but i was just wondering if any information got collected.. or anything? or is it just a message telling me the app won't work cuz its pirated?

i support developers, but i would like to see more free trials before purchasing because its ridiculous to buy a 1-15$ app and then later find out it sucks..=\

2. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Your serial number may have been sent to the developer at most. There isn't much more then can do.

3. Manikstor thread starter macrumors member

i see, what can he do with my serial number? just keep it for future reference? and is that it?

4. mrmayor92 macrumors 6502

5. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Black list you until you use a non cracked app. that is if that information was even sent.

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

The reviews are there for a reason. Honestly, I would not have recommended you to use the pirated app even if it was to try it out.

7. Manikstor thread starter macrumors member

so if i purchase the app which im about to do? i won't be able to use it since im blacklisted?

8. Manikstor thread starter macrumors member

to be honest some review's are just silly and make absolutely no sense. people would give it 1 star because 1 button doesn't work.. and people would rate it 5 starts just because its colorful even though it doesn't work properly. so as far as review's go i like to see it for myself before i can judge. im sure im not the only one here who think this way.

9. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Nah, it will know if you're running a legit version if you buy it and all will be good in the world.

10. Manikstor thread starter macrumors member

alright, good thanks for the info. ill be buying it now!

thanks! everyone!

11. Surely Guest

Surely

You have to admit, the reviews are useless. They're so inconsistent, and it's hard to tell which are real and which are devs or their friends pumping their app up.

I'm against the use of pirated apps as well, but the devs really need to step it up and provide more trial versions.

There have been many apps that I have decided against buying because I want to try before I buy. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who hasn't spent money on apps because of this.