Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ploki

macrumors 601
Jan 21, 2008
Lol no :D the graphics in the background, i'm doing fine without the crash

stainlessliquid

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2006
Repair permissions in disk utility for good measure, it probably wont do anything but sometimes it fixes problems. Use one memory stick at a time and try to reproduce the problem to see if one of the sticks is messed up. Most BSOD's and kernel panics (same exact things) are caused by faulty memory. If both sticks cause a panic then you may want to try reinstalling the OS. Its also possible that neither stick by itself causes a panic but when you put them in together it does cause a panic since they are trying to run in dual channel mode. The display is absolutely not the problem.

Only send in your machine after youve exhausted all options

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Repair permissions in disk utility for good measure, it probably wont do anything but sometimes it fixes problems. Use one memory stick at a time and try to reproduce the problem to see if one of the sticks is messed up. Most BSOD's and kernel panics (same exact things) are caused by faulty memory. If both sticks cause a panic then you may want to try reinstalling the OS. Its also possible that neither stick by itself causes a panic but when you put them in together it does cause a panic since they are trying to run in dual channel mode. The display is absolutely not the problem.

Only send in your machine after youve exhausted all options

Yep, that's some good advice, especially with Apple's track record for fixing one problem and making another... I'm not saying it always happens, but I've seen some people's system being returned faultless except there's some scratches on the external casing - don't they take care of other people's possessions? :mad:

Personally, I would NEVER send my machine in for repair, not if I can solve the technical glitches myself.

Gimme a hammer....:D

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Look at the logs, see what they say.

Just tossing ideas out isn't a good idea until you see if this crash reported itself like it is supposed to.

Ploki

macrumors 601
Jan 21, 2008
now, it was just idling. hasnt happened since :)
anyway, thanks for the link, i really like this background. its nice :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.