Crashes

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by solyd, Oct 17, 2007.

1. solyd macrumors regular

Just curious how often people are experiencing crashes after jailbreak. It seems that my iPod crashes very frequently (maybe once every 5-10 minutes of use) after jailbreak.

It almost makes third-party apps seem not worth it.

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

No crashes here.

3. solyd thread starter macrumors regular

None at all? Which guide did you use? I follow the Windows manual jailbreak guide on touchdev.

4. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I did mine on a Mac using the guide posted on the forums here. And no, no crashes outside of the same ones I occasionally ran into with Safari before jailbreaking.

5. solyd thread starter macrumors regular

Mine seems to crash way too often. Even when I'm using native applications like just browsing through songs. It makes me want to restore my iPod and leave it as is until Apple's SDK comes out.

6. itazark2 macrumors member

No crashes whatsoever ... except when I didn't follow the proper instructions for installing the apps like MAIL or MAPS. Other than that, the iPt works smoothly without any glytch. I've got 3 pages of apps and it still runs fluidly.

7. Xai macrumors member

My stuff works great...I just cant SSH for some reason....

8. solyd thread starter macrumors regular

Weird. Does anyone here have a Windows iPod Touch that doesn't crash? If so, which guide did you use?

9. Xai macrumors member

I followed the guide here and my iPod is just fine, hence the SSH

10. richab macrumors newbie

yea my ipt crashes a lot more now after jailbroken. I might have to try to re-jailbreak mine to see if it does any better

11. solyd thread starter macrumors regular

Which guide is that? There are a lot of them. Can you copy/paste the link here?

12. tony Ramirez macrumors member

13. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

i was thinking the same thing... Turn mine on and go for music and it'll play and once in a while music will crash... I go back open it up, it'll crash right away, do it again and does it again, then it'll go to the lock screen, then it'll work... Only thing I really want is the iPhone applications, dont really need anything else...

14. solyd thread starter macrumors regular

Same EXACT thing happens to me. I'm not sure if jailbreak is worth it if this keeps happening. Has anyone had this situation before, but it no longer occurs? If so, how did you fix it? Maybe used a different guide?

15. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

None whatsoever (well other than Summerboard, but I just took it off). Used the one click Jailbreak, it was worth the 3 day wait. :)

16. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I'm hoping its just some program causing the conflict and not just the jail break... I unintalled most of the programs that I had installed, and im going to see if that will help... I knew 2 where always running in the background, so I hope it does the trick

17. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Nope....Was using RSS and it kept crashing everytime i opened it. Went to music to see if it would do it and it crashed everytime i tried to open it, then locked and everything is perfect again... Weird

18. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Same.

19. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Question, do you have summerboard installed?

20. solyd thread starter macrumors regular

Are those people without crashes running SummerBoard? Or Trip1Pogo?

21. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

SummerBoard is alpha so it can cause crashes...

22. ywc19 macrumors newbie

Just finished jailbreaking my ipod touch last night on my vista pc. I added some apps and had no problems so far, and no freezes. I used Planetbeing's touchfreegui.exe program, downloaded from the website below. Do a search on this forum for touchfreegui.

this may only be for pcs, not macs:
    http://www.slovix.com/touchfree/

23. Cointreau macrumors member

I have Jailbroken my touch and everything worked without crashing until I installed Summerboard. After that, it would randomly crash while playing music, watching video, whatever. So I went to uninstall Summerboard. My dock got locked up at the top.

As a result, I restored the iPod, re-jailbroke it (all on a Windows machine mind you) and re-installed all of the other applications, minus Summerboard. Everything runs just fine, no crashes.

I hope this helps narrow down what is plaguing you. My personal thought is that it is the alpha version of Summerboard.

24. codingmonkey macrumors member

25. uburoibob macrumors regular

I crashed quite frequently, and found myself restetting the iPod touch once an hour or so. And I was having problems with iTunes hanging up while syncing with the touch. So, today, I restored the touch, and re-jailbroke the touch. Had one hangup while installing the SSH part, where the touch apparently shut off. I turned it back on and the install continued. All seems to be well - I am in the process of putting my stuff back on the iPod right now. I believe I will stay away from everything but the iPhone Apps (ie: no 3rd party stuff).

Thanks again for this very easy-to-use program (iJailbreak 0.3).

Bob:)

Again, thanks for this FINE program.