iPad Crashing problems on iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by luckylisp, Dec 11, 2013.

1. luckylisp macrumors 6502

How widespread is this issue? Are a lot of you experiencing it?

I have been experiencing it quite a lot with the iPad Air's I have had (I've made exchanges) and also my current one. I'm talking with no tabs open, just the main one. Daily crashes. Yesterday I had about 5 crashes. I experience it in Safari, Chrome, and Mercury browsers just doing regularly browsing. No one site in particular, it just seems random. I have noticed zooming in to see something better seems to make it happen a lot.

Again, this is not due to having a lot of tabs open as I don't have any. I also clear out/close any programs I'm not using. It never happens in game apps for me, only browsing.

2. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

I have this happening on my iphone 5, iPhone 5s, IPad Air, IPad mini with retina, and my IPad 2. It happens too much, but I still love all said devices

3. luckylisp thread starter macrumors 6502

I love my Air too, but the crashes are starting to get pretty annoying.

4. SenorDD macrumors newbie

When you exchange, don't upgrade to iOS 7.0.4 if 7.0.3 is on it. Seems more stable.

5. luckylisp thread starter macrumors 6502

Too late for me, but others may want to take heed.

6. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

7. luckylisp thread starter macrumors 6502

8. cababah macrumors 68000

+1

On one hand I am glad to hear that Apple got a lot of the bugs worked out in iOS 7.1 but on the other hand, I am disappointed that their QC (or lack of) allowed iOS 7 to be released for iPads in all of its buggy, laggy, memory-leaking form. I expected something more polished from a company like Apple that constantly advertises their harmonious union of hardware and software.

9. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

You are not alone. 7.1 is going to solve most if not all issues. I am running the beta and had no issues, apart from a single Safari crash (before the update Safari would crash very often).

10. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I agree and me being in the software QA field for a living makes this hurt even more! C'mon, apple!:mad:

;)

11. ZipZap macrumors 601

Where did you see it mentioned that this is addressed in 7.1?

12. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

Maybe he explained this in his post somewhere?;)

Attached Files:

13. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Hmm... :)

iOS 7.1 is really a must and I hope Apple releases it this year, so that everybody can enjoy the smooth animations and the great stability of the OS.

14. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

It really would be nice. I haven't been affected by any issues but it's time to get this ironed out once and for all.

15. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

I am really happy/relieved to read to that 7.1 will take care of the tab reload and hopefully the Safari crashing.

Yes, the crashing does start to get on my nerves at times and agree that Apple should have done more testing or waited before releasing iOS7 but I imagine that had to kick it out the door with the release of the iPhone 5s

16. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Tab reloading is still an issue. It has gotten better, but don't expect miracles...

17. eastamherstbias macrumors 6502

my iPhone crashes more than my iPad air. I just thought it was an iOS 7 thing.

18. ZipZap macrumors 601

Petvas,

So, where did you read or see any comments from Apple that 7.1 addresses safari issues…

Running the beta means nothing. Did Apple say they addressed this issue in the Beta release notes or have you assumed they did?

BTW.. I run 7.0.3 and don't have these safari issues…does not mean its not happening.

----------

I would say you are 100% right. My iPhone on IOS6 never crashes. But, neither does my iPad Air on IOS 7.

Odd intend.

19. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Apple often includes fixes without mentioning it in the release notes. I have been using the beta for a week now and Safari doesn't crash, and the OS is much more stable and fast. Isn't that proof enough for you?

20. macfacts macrumors 68000

macfacts

Saying "safari is snappier" is not proof.

21. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Who said that? Read the forums. There are many people reporting how much better iOS is with the latest beta. Only because Apple doesn't mention anything, that doesn't mean that they didn't fix lots of things.
    Before 7.1 I had crashes almost every day, especially when using multitasking. These crashes are gone.
    Safari would crash 5-10 times a day. After the 7.1 update it crashed only one time on me.

If you still don't believe that 7.1 is a great release that solves almost all issues of iOS 7, then what can I say...

22. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Crashing problems on iPad Air

I notice less crashing/resprings in iOS 7.1 beta 2 but it still crashes once in a while. I still experience the multitask crashing issue but less in iOS 7.1 beta 2. Only thing I notice is different is the notification center "no notifications" text and faster animations.
    Nothing really changed that much in iOS 7.1 b2.

23. ZipZap macrumors 601

Ah so you made an assumption and now spread it around as fact.

My ipad air 7.0.3 does not crash so i guess ill assume there is no issue with Safari.

I do hope your assumption is right.

24. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I suggest you read the developer forums. Apple has fixed most issues with 7.1 and that is a fact, not an assumption..

25. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

Nothing says completely fixed, quite like "mostly" fixed.

Right?