Crazy question about macbook air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by 27imac, Aug 20, 2013.

1. 27imac macrumors newbie

Crazy question but if your macbook air is missing the track pad cable will it cause it to crash

2. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

Are you referring a cable inside? Because there is no external trackpad cable.

3. 27imac thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i am sorry about that the cable wit redbox around it

Attached Files:

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Am going to guess NO. It may refuse to boot however. Try it, won't blow up, I think. ;)

5. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

6. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

Won't crash, but no output from fingers when trying to use the track pad!

7. 27imac thread starter macrumors newbie

ook the reason i ask is because im getting a kernel panics when it boot up and i was wondering if that could cause it because im missing that cable long story short i brought this mba off a dude on craiglist for a 100 buck he did not know what was wrong with it so i took a chance lol at first it was giving me a grey folder with question mark so i reinstall snow leaper and got it to boot but know when it boot up it crash kernel panics and bye the way i call apple and they did not want to help me because the laptop was out of warranty they told me that i had to buy a new plan or go to the apple store i told them the closes apple store to me was two hours away dont make no sense apple try to charge u again after spending alot of money on there ideas I also have a 27 iMac that i love

Attached Files:

8. Mrbobb macrumors 601

I want to read the message box, but too blurry. So much for that.

So u brought a defective, out of warranty laptop and you want Apple you help you? What kind of help do you expect from them? How much should they charge you?

Run a hardware diagnostic, hopefully it will tell you what's wrong, or what's missing, or looking for.

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

It just won't work.

10. ItHurtsWhenIP macrumors 6502

you bought it for $100 of craigslist, even if you paid for them to fix it you're still gonna pay a ton less than it was new...:confused:

11. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

We feel bad for you, but maybe this whole 'picture' should've been a giant red flag to you. Without knowing how old it is, it may cost you more to have it fixed to a useable state, than you're willing to spend. Get an estimate at the Apple store, and then decide if it's worth it. If not, be glad you didn't spend more, chalk it up to experience, and move on.

12. tag, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013

tag macrumors 6502a

tag

Are you able to boot into safe mode? Does it still panic in safe mode?

13. 27imac thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm going to fix it myself not going threw apple just was trying to get some advise from apple never said I wanted them to fix it I made this post just thinking people would just give me some advise some people on here tryed to help and other just want to be negative thanks to the people that tryed to help me

14. Mr Rabbit macrumors 6502a

Mr Rabbit

Woah, try to use punctuation in your posts, run on sentences can be hard to work with when trying to help.

I second what Tag asked, does the issue persist when you safe boot?

The trackpad cable shouldn't cause a kernel panic if it's disconnected although I'd make sure it's completely clear of the logic board and trackpad connection on the logic board. If it's resting against the logic board then it could possibly cause a short or other odd behavior.

15. 27imac thread starter macrumors newbie