Credit check when signing new contract for 3gs?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ABigGatorsFan, Aug 4, 2009.

1. ABigGatorsFan macrumors newbie

I still have the original 2g iPhone and I am up for a full upgrade discount for the 3gS on August 19th if I sign a new 2 year contract. Here is my concern though. I am in the process of buying my first home and have been told not to have any credit inquiries for the next month or so. I have no problem signing a new contract but I don't want AT&T to run my credit again. I signed up for service back in March of 2007 and they ran my credit at that time and of course I had no problems. My question is will they run my credit again just to extend my contract by 2 years? Any information that could be provided would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

They will not re-run the credit check because you have already been with AT&T 2 years and have paid all your bills on time.

Credit checks are for first timers.

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    They only run your credit once when you get new service. If it is simply an upgrade and you already have established service no credit check should be required, since you already have the account under your SSN.

4. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

Green lights all the way.

Buy the iPhone, buy the house, and you're good to go.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

If you are able to get a subsidized price on the 3GS iPhone, then your bill is up to date and there should not be a credit check. Congrats and enjoy your new 3GS iPhone and your new home.....:cool:

6. curly14 macrumors regular

curly14

You can always contact the ever so helpful AT&T customer service reps:rolleyes: and ask them ...knowing them they might flag your account..lol but seriously if you have had service the past two years and no problems paying your bill on time no worriers. Now if you went out looking for a car you just might have a problem. Time is running out on the cash for clunkers

7. christyn macrumors 6502a

We're also closing on a house this fall, and just upgraded as well.
    The only way they would check your credit again would be if you were adding another line.