Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
I personally, don't think its feasible and that that freezing process kills the person. Plus you're relying on a company that will continue to pay the electric bill into the future when there's no incentive, i.e., not accepting clients and no other revenue source, why keep the corpsicles (sorry couldn't resist) frozen.

----------

By the way, Larry Niven's A World Out of Time is an excellent book, which starts off with the main character being thawed from a cryogenic facility.

Thanks for the novel suggestion, I'll be sure to give it a read.

Regarding electricity bills, yeah many have been shut down from what I have read.

----------

I agree the culture shock would be dramatic, but, for the sake of argument that this could work, I would hope that the person "going to sleep" would be aware that their family would be gone and the world a very different place when they're reanimated. Perhaps extensive psychological training would be done prior to being frozen.

Some training before and some training after, like the equivalent of the chambers Astronauts have after landing? Wouldn't the costs be massive?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
It wouldn't be as costly, I would imagine, as the therapy training astronauts are currently going through for a trip to Mars.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.